Terminator Kyle Reese's Plasma rifle (Valmet M82A). Anyone make a replica of it?

ONEYE

Sr Member
Just wondering if anyone has ever made this weapon as seen in the movie? Besides me, anyone else interested in a replica?

(Secretly hopes that morganthirteen sees this thread and makes one. ;) )

Special thanks to SSgt Burton, who contributed without knowing he was going to be quoted. :D

Reese's Plasma rifle was based on a Valmet M82A:

500px-ValmetM82AModified.jpg

T1-set-michael-015-1-.jpg

Kevin

No magazine needed. However, it could have one... fake power supply like the endorifle.

54gl01.jpg

Funny I was just talking to a buddy of mine about this exact same subject earlier today... Oh yeah it was with you Rich:lol This would be such a great rifle to display with either morganthirteens or Sideshows ENDO RIFLE and since I have a morganthirteen ENDO RIFLE on the way I hope he sees this post and it plants a seed of curiosity in him to consider maybe doing a run of these. Hint Hint Hint :lol Great post Rich. Mike

I saw a similar or "simular", as my boss puts it, airsoft rifle that could be a close cousin.

But of course, you're talking about an accurate replica, and I'd be on board for one too.

I have scoured so many UK military fairs trying to find one of these...I've come to the conclusion the chances of finding one over here are pretty non existent though!:cry I had thought about possibly making one from wood or MDF...Man, I would be all over this rifle if it was ever cast and offered up! Same goes for the Muzzelite Resistance rifles with the Imatronic LS45's. Considering you see it just as much as the Endo rifles in T2, (and the availability of them to you guys across the pond) I'm surprised I haven't seen more conversions to go along with T2 prop displays.

Not getting side tracked from this particular rifle, are there any ideas as to what the rear part of the scope unit is?

I read once, but I don't remember where, that the rifle scope was originally used in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". They removed the radar-like antenna from the top of the scope.

David.

I have an original T1 rubber stunt valmet I bought from PiH in Dec '03. Unfortunately it's missing the scope.

I don't think it'll survive being moulded - but I might see if laser scanning it is feasible...

Laser scan reasonably successful (for good measure I scanned an airsoft AK-47 to compare)

valmet_vs_ak.jpg

valmet_vs_ak1.jpg

Since the valmet I have is black rubber I wasn't sure how well it would scan but it seems to have worked (although it did take 50 separate scans). To CNC this it would take a complete CAD rebuild though which is do-able but possibly time consuming.

Also there are some not so subtle differences between the AK and the Valmet. Most notably the cheek guard on top of the receiver, the ejection port, and the gas tube.

I did find this pic which may be quite helpful:

valmet_82-3.jpg

Here's a bunch of pics of the screen used rifle.

Nick

Attachments

• t1-set-michael-003.jpg
    t1-set-michael-003.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 3,856
  • t1-set-michael-071.jpg
    t1-set-michael-071.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 940
The first pic is another rubber stunt rifle. I wonder what happened to all the scopes after filming :unsure

Every time I look at the scope I can't help thinking it's just a plastic bottle of some sort (Motor oil, talcum powder, detergent) with some greeblies added on top...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back