Game of Thrones

Agreed that the ending was pretty brutal... that said, I recently watched the Spartacus series (yeah, late to the party, I know) and poor Oberyn's demise probably wouldn't make the top 10 grossest deaths in Spartacus. (Ironically, the worst death in that series happened to a character played by Conan Stevens, who was the first actor to play Gregor Clegane.)

And yeah, Arya's reaction caught me completely off guard. Priceless!

GoT.jpg
Too Soon?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Red Viper once again lives up to his name. I can only hope. Would the Mountains subsequent death also allow Tyrion to live?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Red Viper once again lives up to his name. I can only hope. Would the Mountains subsequent death also allow Tyrion to live?

You're not a book-reader, are you?
Can't say anything without spoiling then. Except maybe that Oberyn's untimely demise is the starting-point to get Dorne involved in the conflict in subsequent Seasons...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No book reading, but I do try to get the full back story once someone's dead...so I've read quite a few BIO's :lol
You're not a book-reader, are you?
Can't say anything without spoiling then. Except maybe that Oberyn's untimely demise is the starting-point to get Dorne involved in the conflict in subsequent Seasons...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No, even if the Mountain dies, it would not allow Tyrion to go free. That's not how Trial by Combat works. Tyrion's champion was killed during the combat, therefor "in the eyes of the gods", he's guilty and shall be punished as such.

That really sucked, don't play with a wounded man. If you wish to be chatty Kathy at least take his hand before doing so. Also how does one not die instantly or muscle up that much strength after having a huge ass spear driven into your body? I mean that blade was roughly 12x6.

One has the author on one's side.

When I saw Sansa in that dress at the end, the first thing I thought was how she was suddenly the spitting image of her mother. Maybe it was the hair or something, or that Catelyn always tended to wear dark clothing, where Sansa usually wore light colors.

I thought the same thing

Her story has changed a bit.In the books Petyr was passing her off as a ******* neice. Lysa did recognize her, but helped her stay under cover, even going as far as dying her hair to hide one of her telltale features. Much to her dismay Lysa did propose marrying her to Robert though.

After Lysa's death I don't think she revealed herself to the others (in fact Lysa's death was blamed on the bard Marillion who was in the room at the time). She stayed incognito as Alayne Stone. Even her point of view chapters have that name instead of Sansa as the chapter titles

Seems like they ramped her up in development through a Feast for Crows and she is becoming a more willing protege of Petyr's and is now "playing the game" instead of just being a frightened little girl at the mercy of others.

Just gonna throw this out there. Has anyone thought about starting a new thread for TV vs. Book? Where one could talk about and discuss when things don't match. I would love to join in and read more on this thread. But getting people dropping in differences kinda makes you scared to peek inside to discuss the TV show. I know it happens from time to time with out realizing. Just wondering if the hardcore GoT fans thought about it.

Last edited:
Just gonna throw this out there. Has anyone thought about starting a new thread for TV vs. Book? Where one could talk about and discuss when things don't match. I would love to join in and read more on this thread. But getting people dropping in differences kinda makes you scared to peek inside to discuss the TV show. I know it happens from time to time with out realizing. Just wondering if the hardcore GoT fans thought about it.
I wouldn't be against it, but it would probably have to be a noted spoiler-full thread. The problem with the books, at least in my current situation, is that I went through them relatively quickly (by comparison to the show, it was a few months), and there's a LOT that happens to keep track of. I've found myself perusing some of the book-specific Wiki pages to remind myself of how things played out in the book versus the show. It's a bit easier than trying to find a particular part in the book, especially when something that's one scene on the show may be spread across several chapters in the book.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back