Hook Costumes and Props (Lets see em!)

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
If you're like me - you love the movie Hook; one of the most underrated and critically abused films of the last 20 years.

This thread is just to see what props and costumes you guys have made or collected from the movie, as it's not something that gets discussed enough - in my opinion.

I would also LOVE to see if anyone has any good pics of the costumes on display as I've never seen that before.

BANGARANG!!!!!!

Moony

If you're like me - you love the movie Hook; one of the most underrated and critically abused films of the last 20 years.

RIGHT!?!?!? It is literally one of the greatest movies! Every time I watch it I try to find something wrong with it that garnered all of the bad reviews and have yet to find anything. It's a little long... and maybe a little slow paced... but I think it, like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies knew what demographic it was trying to entertain ( grown ups who love fantasy/adventure ) and was made for it and I think a lot of viewers think it's supposed to be a kid-geared family movie.

Not that it's not a family movie, it definitely is, but it does require attention and maturity too since it's a lot more than 'a kids movie' that people expect it to be.

... am I making any sense?

Anyways, I love this movie and I currently have a Hook costume in progress. It was barely even half finished but my boyfriend wore it out for Halloween as it was. Working slowly, slowly, slowly on completing it but right now our PotC costumes are first priority with the movie coming out and what not. Unless my local theatre takes my advice and brings back Hook for a day or two in celebration of its 20th birthday.

There's a user here, Hookmovie, who owns some costumes and props and he's a wonderful fellow when it comes to sharing! Hopefully he finds his way here and drops in to share his gems. :D Trap Joe is also one in possession of a screen used costume, though he has an agreement to not post it publicly, he's great at answering questions re: it. :)

Here are a few shots of the costume I'm working on for my boyfriend. :)

DSC05501.jpg

The incomplete costume, though the photo gives a general idea of how it will come together...which I think will be good! So just consider this an unfinished test run...

sleeve.jpg

Added more trim and buttons/tassels!

You can follow my progress thread here ... when there is progress again... >_>

Also, here's a sword in a style almost identical to the one used in the movie! It retails for about $450 USD.

Thanks for starting this! Looking forward to discussing and sharing with more Hook lovers!

Wow - that costume is looking fantastic - i'm looking forward to following your progress !

BTW - for those of you in the L.A. Are there will be a screeening of Hook on the 15th at the Vista !!!

So keep those props coming !

- Moony

Really? No one's gonna say it? I guess it's gonna have to be me...

BRING ME PETER PAN!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist, lol, u know what would be cool, a table clock Tick Tock Crocodile, with the clock in his mouth, or a Grandfather sized Tick Tock Clock, so who's gonna take up the challenge?

Hook is one of my favorite films as well.
I think all of the bad reviews have prevented people from making stuff.

I would love to make a peter or rufio costume but I just don't have the face, money, or time for it.

I have to take this moment to say a favorite quote as well.
Rufio-"everybody say grace."
everybody-"GRACE!!!!!"

I have a screen used cross bow that one of the lost boys used. It's actually kinda cool and still works although I haven't pulled it back and loaded it. I'll post a pic later.

WOW !!!!!! HookMovie those pics are great !

I've been to your site before ! Great job - thank you for keeping this film alive. I wish they would release more behind the scenes footage and information - like a making of book. I hate that Spielberg has back peddles so hard on this film and made it seem like a blunder.

We NEED a re-release with special features - it's just annoying that this movie isn't getting what it deserves. And if you have higher quality versions of those pics of the sword or costume I would love to take a look, Feel free to PM me !

AJ

WHAT, my brain just broke.

I was 3 when this came out? ... This *must* be the first movie I remember seeing then.

Crap - yeah I was 3 as well. I remember getting the vhs for my 4th birthday and jumping repeatedly off the arm chair in an attempt to fly.

God I love this movie.

I made this last year, I didn't get to keep it though! It's made from a solid brass bar.

PanSword4.jpg

PanSword1.jpg

I hadn't seen that Planet Hollywood pic before, the colours on the hilt are a lot lighter on that version of the prop.

Hi !

Here, my Captain Hook Coat ! I work on a replica of the hook's hook but it's really hard.

200596_1937821044655_1216244306_32340942_3171231_n.jpg

QUOTE]
Your replica is awsome. I'm making one for my 5 year old son for halloween this year. This picture really helps! Do you have the sward sash holder as well? I could use the picture if you have one. I'll post a picture of his costume when I'm done. It will be awsome! THANK YOU FOR THIS PICTURE! Did you make this or buy it? where did you get it?

I'm so excited!! I just finished the baldric for my son's Hook Costume. Tell me what you think. I embroidered the design myself on black velvet. The pictures don't give it justice. The thread I used was metallic gold. It doesn't look metallic in the picture but it is.
100_0579.jpg

100_0578.jpg

Last edited:
Hi !

My coat is not a replica but a screen used copy And they used mohair for the coat.
I posted more pictures here : http://www.therpf.com/f24/good-form-hook-wip-thread-84553/index2.html#post1418472

The painting is always on ebay and never sold.
For a better picture of the painting, try with the blu ray (available on November).

Well no wonder it's awsome, its the screen used copy! Thanks for link to the other pictures its helped me a lot on what I'm going to be making for my son. I think I'm going to enter him in the RPF Halloween Costume Contest this year. Mohair is alittle more expensive and have to order online. I'm going to try velvet. I think it will an alright subsitute. Thank you for the help!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back