Logan's Run Red Palm Life Clock!

Petseal

Hello all
I am looking for a replica of the Palm Life Clock as seen in the classic Sci-Fi movie "Logan's Run"!
I have attempted to locate a reasonable facsimile but they are just not right! I have attempted to bring out some detail in these but it is just frustrating me!
I have attached a couple pics, which I hope will inspire someone not familiar with the movie!
I do not need it to look just like these but something close in shape and size will fill the bill for me. It would also have to be Red or Clear!!!
Many thanks in advance for any help with this!
Later, Petseal

When do you need it?

Hello all
I am looking for a replica of the Palm Life Clock as seen in the classic Sci-Fi movie "Logan's Run"!
I have attempted to locate a reasonable facsimile but they are just not right! I have attempted to bring out some detail in these but it is just frustrating me!
I have attached a couple pics, which I hope will inspire someone not familiar with the movie!
I do not need it to look just like these but something close in shape and size will fill the bill for me. It would also have to be Red or Clear!!!
Many thanks in advance for any help with this!
Later, Petseal

Some on E-bay, Pretty accurate from the pics I have seen judging from the ones I got from the set from a friend that was there.

Here are some of the Ebay crystals....
They have silver foil on the back to reflect light.

IMG_8687.jpg

IMG_8688.jpg

Yeah, they also look like ones I got around 1978 from Bill Blake or someone.

Hmmm. Now I'll have to dig them out anyway and do a display. :)

Many thanks for the input!
Went to the bay and found a seller (Kathy is her name) who had an auction with 6 various colored Life Clocks for $4. Another few bucks to ship so I bought them. No great rush but at least I will have them!
Again, Many Thanks Petseal

The Life Clocks arrived in today's mail, VERY pleased with them.
They look just like the ones CessnaDriver posted.
Thanks again to all for the help!
Later, Petseal

Brian,

I ran several Google searches and came up empty, sorry. I checked both site used by the Kathy mentioned above but either she isn't currently listing them or they are no longer available. Just so you'll know what it is you are looking for, here is a picture of the life clocks she offered.
View attachment 510029

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Don

Found someone on Shapeways with a model in the right shape -- maybe they can be convinced to make up a hand-sized version?

in Red Strong & Flexible Polished Width Height Depth 2.43 cm 2.43 cm 0.572 cm

It's already hand size. 2.43 cm. But it's not translucent.

And not really the same design as the pictures in this thread above.

Last edited:
I can't tell about the face facets. They don't quite look the same but the resin lifeclocks are "lumpy" and hard to read. The rest of the crystal is of course wrong. In any case -- given the right model, you could print in one of the translucent materials...or print, make a mold from the print, and cast in tinted resin.

Agreed. "Kathy's" crystals are indistinct. But are they imprecise or are they more Screen Accurate ? We might need some screen shots.....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back