TRON LEGACY: ID Disc :: Small Update

Instead of machining the collars to hold leds why not just use existing led bezel mounts ? Afterall thats what they are for and exactly what they look like on the prop anyway.

you should pm him. Posting in the thread about runs in a non-junkyard thread is the fastest way to get a thread locked.

I knew the Deluxe toy felt small, but didn't realize how small it was until I saw that comparison pic. Other than that the thing that keeps bothering me is the smallness of the LED bases on the toy. I'm still getting my geek on running around the house with it and freaking out the cats with the lights.

Great work going on, watching this thread with interest.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been pretty busy and haven't had time to work on the disc.

Small update. I ordered a li-poly batter that was too big and a badass
Chip for charging said battery via USB.

The Profiles is 10 inches in diameter. The toy is exactly 9 inches in diameter.

The toy is rumored to be cast from one of Quorra's disc.

There are 140 LED lights in the films disc.

That image of Jeff holding the disc is from the scene were Clu looks at Sam's life data. The blade did not activate. We only saw a series of lights around the disc in this scene. This was a feature of the lifedata mode. Who knows if the LED play used for the disc in this scene was the same way it was laid out in the discs with the activated blades on them.

The leds in that picture go ooOoOoOooOoOoOooOoOoO

Checking back to see how this project is coming along?

Now that the movie has come and gone, I wonder if Rick
can post some pictures and details of the real disc used
in the movie? Before Tron 3 comes out.... :)
I'm sure there are a few who are interested.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back