TRON LEGACY: ID Disc :: Small Update

The Profiles is 10 inches in diameter. The toy is exactly 9 inches in diameter.

The toy is rumored to be cast from one of Quorra's disc.

There are 140 LED lights in the films disc.

That image of Jeff holding the disc is from the scene were Clu looks at Sam's life data. The blade did not activate. We only saw a series of lights around the disc in this scene. This was a feature of the lifedata mode. Who knows if the LED play used for the disc in this scene was the same way it was laid out in the discs with the activated blades on them.

The leds in that picture go ooOoOoOooOoOoOooOoOoO
This was just posted today on the official Tron FaceBook Page:
The light discs that were created for TRON Legacy consisted of 134 LED lights, were radio-controlled, and were attached to the suits with a magnet.
They don't name a source for that info, so take it for what it's worth. The magnet thing is obvious, as you can see the magnets on the prop. As for the radio-controlled bit... I wasn't aware of that previously.

Hello, 1st Time poster... I noticed someone ask whether or not the inner 4 LEDs are ever lit in the movie. I don't know whether it was answered or not, but they are lit when the ID Disc is used for checking a program's identity and previous history as shown when CLU check's Sam's disc....

Hi all,
I've just been looking through this thread with avid interest and I have to say I'm V V impressed. I've modded a few discs myself and would love to make a more screen accurate version. I have a problem that I need help with.

So here it is:

Good News:
Found out a collegue at work owns a CNC routing machine which he's offered to let me use for nothing (yay!!)

Bad News:
he needs me to provide the file and I have no experience with any 3D modeling software at all (C#*P!!).

Can anyone help? This is a rare opportunity for me and I would be eternally grateful.

Last edited:
Is there any updates on this build?
Was there ever any electronics developed for the prototype that I missed?

Just wondering.

propmaster2000

I havn't seen an update till you just posted. I checked out the YouTube vid, but noticed it was posted there in 2009 :confused

I'm going to assume he gave up or didn't post the rest of the build on here.

I have been inspired to do one myself though. I have found a kind soul in the TheMuffin who is drawing up the CAD files for three different disc types. I'll post a progress thread in the next few days (under: INT: Tron discography project_The evolution of the Identity Disc).

AFAIK Nexnox is one of the industry guys who actually did the Green Lantern physical ring and he told me that he's being busy - but that was also a long time ago…

I think I read somewhere that he was working at ISS for a while.
Is their someone here that works there and knows him, who can get some updated info. on his disc and post it here?
That would be great :)

Have to say... I WANT ONE! lol It'll go awesomely well displayed with all my lightsabers. I wonder how this project looks in person...

All the work done on this disk was at Studio Art & Technology. My guess is he's no longer on the job there, or he's to busy.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back