New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

thanks for posting pics and video. does it feel pretty solid? from what i can see from your pics and video, this appears to be one of the best "replicas" available considering all the functions, lights and sound. I can forgive the power readout, and yes, would have been nice if they didn't poke holes in top grill, and yes, would have been nice if they had aluminum nozzle, and yes, I guess it would have been icing on cake if they had step on ten turn knob -- still, all things considered, for the money, I have seen NOTHING more accurate, and I have been collecting phaser replicas for over 25 years. Bravo, wand company. Now, please make a communicator and tricorder.

The nozzle IS aluminum! :)

I agree on the step and holes tho. I mentioned the idea of possible offering a "collectors edition" that would fix the small details but still function as a remote due to their license agreement. Fingers crossed....

The nozzle IS aluminum! :)

I agree on the step and holes tho. I mentioned the idea of possible offering a "collectors edition" that would fix the small details but still function as a remote due to their license agreement. Fingers crossed....

The nozzle and other metal parts are nickel with a copper coating and a metal silver finish (some areas satin, others polished). I think I'm going to very lightly use extra fine steel wool on mine to add a bit of a shine to the satin finish metal parts.

I wish someone here would do a metal handle replacement for this with the brass nut end and wider to match the real prop. The handle on the Wand is just a bit thinner. The 10-turn doesn't bother me so much even though it's not as high as the real prop. Sounds and lights seem well done. Though, I'm at a loss to identify 2 of the phaser sounds. 1 of the ones I'm not sure of sounds like the phaser fire noise for the Enterprise Ship Phasers banks.

Last edited:
thanks for posting pics and video. does it feel pretty solid?

The grip is attached to the p2 body with a long bolt, so no twistplug, and no wobble. My MR by comparison falls apart if you try to pick it up, the grip is that loose.

The weight is nice too, not as heavy as the MR (the grip is cast metal and the "aluminum" parts as well, but the rest is plastic). Would make for an excellent cosplay phaser too I think.

K

Thank you so much for the vids Phase. Now I want mine more than ever :p

Not to hijack your post, but a MR powerpak I got off evilbay was loose also on the p2 plugin, I gently tapped the prongs back into the handle with a small hammer and it tightened it up real nice and yes it still works :D

Just ordered this from thinkgeek. Said its in stock and I got 25% off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything special you had to do, a coupon code or anything like that?

EDIT: Dumb question. Went to their website and saw the GIANT BANNER advertising the sale. D'oh.

Last edited:
Thinkgeek has a sale til the 20th. One of the sounds is the enterprise phaser bank engaged sound from the bridge. I just called them they have a few hundred left. I hope it lasts til december third when I get paid. Unless someone was kind enough to purchase one for me, and I western union them money back on the third.

Well damn I just ordered another one.
The price with some of the discounts is simply too good.

Dammit, me too. With 25% off, the total with shipping came to $119.44. Too cheap to pass up. Now I can break the hell out of one trying to ham fist some upgrades and still have one to fall back on ;).

Dag nabbit! at 25% off I couldn't pass up ordering a second one! Well, now I can have one at home and one at work.

What is this 25% code?

Yeah, one of those sound effects is the sound you hear at the helm when you're firing ship's phasers. :lol

Also, the first sound heard in the video is the stun setting, which means the light should have been green.....to nitpick to the nth degree! ;)

...and I am SO getting one!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back