New Luke ESB lightsaber

So how does the hand work? Is it spring loaded and when the handles are squeezed together it flies off? Or did Vader just flick it into the air?

I found a kobold that was pretty damaged. Same seller made a replacement body, so I gutted the thing and found a Larbel Graflex top. Also got some come knobs from the transcriptor website before they shut it down (gonna cut the screws down and insert them into holes I'll drill into the socket)

also I found out that a drill stop is nearly the same size as the fake red button. Beveled edges and the inside is the same size as my clear kobold button.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    816.1 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    696.1 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 221
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    855.7 KB · Views: 193
Great minds think alike! I think the drill stop has a smaller diameter hole than the lightsaber button, by like 1 or .5 mm

I could use the RPFs hunting ability! I found this bracket on a certain auction site and bought it. if anything, I get a couple cool knobs, but look at the bottom left. That could be our "aluminum track" fake graflex clamp. No freaking clue what camera it belongs to.

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.38.09 AM.png

I could use the RPFs hunting ability! I found this bracket on a certain auction site and bought it. if anything, I get a couple cool knobs, but look at the bottom left. That could be our "aluminum track" fake graflex clamp. No freaking clue what camera it belongs to.

View attachment 642125

Yeah, it sure looks like it, but it has a big side flange and it looks a bit too flimsy. But it's close alright!

Roy

Tom, you are on a roll! That looks really close, even if that isnt the exact one, I think youre on the right track with it being some sort of camera bracket.

On a slightly related note, this is a Leitz or Selan bracket with a trapezoidal mounting clip similar to the one I bought. not a match, but same ballparkScreen Shot 2016-07-08 at 1.03.00 PM.png

It shipped today so I should have it next week.

i tried to install the cone knobs with screws but the hollow Larbel socket shattered. I decided to stuff the socket with putty, jam the knob/screws in and have something to screw into for both eye and button sockets. I added a knurled flanged washer that I got with some camera tripod screws in the emitter too, better than an empty white hole and this is a junk saber anyways.

i also tapped an 8/32 screw, with a head barely bigger than the threads..a fat little guy, through the graflex and kobold on the bayonet lock, it's the side inside the hand opposite the metal mystery button, so it never gets seen. I was thinking a rivet but the kobold head is very thick.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 234
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 258
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    831.5 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    953.2 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    852.1 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    942.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
It looks like a type of curtain track to me, especially with the little end stop a bit like you get in old campers.

Some close-up shots I've taken for Kurtyboy:

http://i67.tinypic.com/b54l1s.jpg

Also, you can see the silver paint stop about halfway across the socket in the bottom of this picture. it looks like it was a damaged top (missing the plating or rusty) and they filled in the top at least so it would look uniform on screen.

Epoxy gets yellow over time. Did they Epoxy a piece of glass in here? Magnifying the cone shaped recess and socket for the bulb in a weird way?
main-Luke_845x485p.jpg

Last edited:
There's even a little reflection - I swear thats glass in the socket. it could have reflected the flash too

So, I don't think this was the part. It looks almost exactly like it and the metal is the correct thickness. The flange does come off, but it has little feet. also the gap on top is wider than the screw hole, not right up against it like in the photo, it's too wide. It's also too long, but cutting this down would be easy.

the sad thing is it was press fit together when the metal was soft. I destroyed it trying to get it apart and never did - kinda sad about this - I think it was an adapter for this sized bracket. It has a spring loaded insert and the large plate fixes to something like a camera with countersunk screws. It's all beautiful machined aluminum..well was

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    774.1 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    512.5 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    599.8 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    654.3 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    839.6 KB · Views: 295
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back