EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR!!!!

Is eFX still in business?

Unfortunately. If they were in any other industry they would have been shut down a long time ago. Maybe if we keep making noise Disney will do the right thing and revoke their license. It's really sad how they run thier business and leave their paying customers in the dark for years at a time with every product release.

Just lets Disney know that the prop replica side of the biz is shiite and they should put more money into chintzy toys.

Disney knows full well what is going on with efx AND Anovos.

I can see giving Anovos a chance. Awesome communication, lots of stuff coming but EFX,...enough already.

And still no word on Ep 7 props. Are there going to be any official Ep 7 props??? It is just bizarre that this is the one licensee we don't know about yet?????

Maybe it's not so bizarre. Maybe Disney is already working to pull the plug on the crappy business practices of eFX. Great end product, but utter failure to deliver on customer service or even close to proposed timeline.

I would celebrate any new credible licensee who could deliver on quality, service, and communication. There isn't one thing I would be excited about pre-ordering through them today. I'll go with an RPF replica maker any day.

Maybe it's not so bizarre. Maybe Disney is already working to pull the plug on the crappy business practices of eFX. Great end product, but utter failure to deliver on customer service or even close to proposed timeline.

I would celebrate any new credible licensee who could deliver on quality, service, and communication. There isn't one thing I would be excited about pre-ordering through them today. I'll go with an RPF replica maker any day.

Word :thumbsup

I really hope they pull EFX's license. Enough is enough.

Give some new company a shot.

I did have a long list of EFX stuff but now I am going with anyone else I can so my EFX stuff will be limited. The Shadowtrooper I have, A PCR Stormy, Luke Reveal but I have good alternatives for most of the rest.

Of course I swore I would never own MR stuff and I had a lot of MR pieces at the height of my collection.

I had some EFX-Props in the past and they had great quality.
But what are the problems now?Why can´t they deliver props in a normal timeframe?:confused

Disney knows full well what is going on with efx AND Anovos.

This. Everyone knows that when Disney allows you to make a Star Wars product, they are licensing their intellectual property – for example, the design of the prop. But people forget that there is also a trademark license granted as well. This license is necessary so that you have permission to place Disney's name or the Star Wars name on the product (both of which are trademarks of Disney these days.)

Under the law, a trademark generates its value from the goodwill that comes to be associated with the Mark – for example, the value in Disney trademarks comes from the fact that, over time, people have come to associate Disney as signifying a certain level of quality in movies, products, theme parks, etc. Same for Star Wars.

Believe it or not, trademark law also is intended to protect the consumer, not just the trademark owner – trademarks are protected to avoid a consumer being harmed by buying a shoddy good bearing a trademark that they have come to know and trust. This is why the law of trademark licensing says that failure of a trademark owner to exercise actual control over the quality of the goods on which their mark will appear can result in a forfeiture of the underlying trademark rights themselves. Or, put a different way, the law says that, if people come to trust in your trademark and you don't police the quality of the goods that your trademark appears on, you don't deserve to keep the trademark anymore.

So it absolutely behooves Disney to police their licensees who are using Disney-owned trademarks – not simply to make sure that the licenses are properly exploited and make money, but to make sure that poor quality products do not damage the goodwill associated with the Disney marks. In other words, policing is necessary to keep their trademark rights – and – and given all of their merchandising activity, I doubt there is anything more important to to Disney than their trademarks. While the law only specifically speaks to policing the quality of the actual goosd themselves, you can be certain that Disney also includes provisions in their contracts giving them control over the business practices of the companies that will be producing those products-at least to the extent that those business practices can reflect poorly on Disney. [EDIT ADDED FOR CLARITY] - Having the right to control the business practices associated with the Mark doesn't necessarily mean that Disney has the ability to walk in and tell the business how to run – instead – this usually translates into a right to pull the license so that the poorly run business is no longer associated with Disney's trademarks

So I am virtually certain that Disney is watching EFX very closely, and will do whatever it deems necessary to make sure that the goodwill in its trademarks is not harmed. That could mean eventually pulling the license, or it could mean imposing penalties on the company to get quality products out sooner. Whichever Disney feels is most necessary to preserve the goodwill associated with its marks. But in no way is Disney ever going to grant a trademark license and simply walk away while the licensee takes actions that trash the value of their trademarks in the consumer's eye – there's just too much at stake as far as maintaining their trademark rights to ever allow that to happen.

M

It saddens me. I have a number of their pieces in my collection, & I enjoy them to this day. I want them to be successful. However, if they can no longer produce quality in a timely manner... I'd like someone else to be successful in the prop replica business. I'm a free market capitalist, it's survival of the fittest. If they can not do what needs to be done, move along, & who's next?

Their scout helmets are fast approaching a year overdue, which is absolutely inexcusable. I'm a first time customer of EFX that paid for the helmet in full well over a year ago. I was willing to give them the benefit of a doubt but they have certainly punished me for it, proved their naysaysers right and have turned me into one as well. They told us back in July that the helmets should be "shipping soon" barring any major problems so considering I still don't have my helmet and their continuing utter lack of regular communications, I can only assume they must've had a problem. What else are we to think? I'm seriously beginning to think their "problems" run very deep and not just with these helmets.

The fact that eFX ignores this thread... on the premier global forum for their products, makes me think they are in some undisclosed developing country with everybody's $ and we just don't know it yet. I'd say get your $ back if you can, guys and never buy sight unseen from them again.

Glad i've never ordered stuff directly from them so my dollars are safe. I'm really looking forward to another company getting their license for accurate props although i'm in the lucky position that i already have all the stuff i want to have in my collection and don't have any space for more. I really hope people getting their promised stuff and then someone else should get the license. Production issues are one thing but the consequent ignoring of the costumer is something i have never seen before in a way like that...its a shame!!

This has been covered before here, This forum represents a very small, but very vocal, segment of the market.

The fact that a Licensee has ANY presence on this board is the exception rather than the rule.

Disney is a NIGHTMARE to deal with, when they bought out George I as well as a few others knew the prop pipeline was going to slow down tremendously

The fact that eFX ignores this thread... on the premier global forum for their products, makes me think they are in some undisclosed developing country with everybody's $ and we just don't know it yet. I'd say get your $ back if you can, guys and never buy sight unseen from them again.

It needs to be mentioned that Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, XM, Sideshow and other licensees are present with representatives on Rebelscum, Sideshow Freaks, Statue Forum and other boards.

From what I understand Anovos only has license to make wearable costumes, not prop replicas loke
light sabers.

I asked the Anovos guys at SWC why the weren't making shoes or boots for the EP7 TK amongst others. The answer was "we have a prop license, not a costume license."

I'll grant you it was the floor staffer that made the comment but I don't have any other info to go on.

LOL :lol

jackie_chan_meme.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back