R2D2 plans (merged)

R2D2 plans

im thinking about making a little r2 so does anybody have plans for an r2d2 and some screen shots to work off or pictures of a replica i really wanna get the details right

Re: R2D2 plans

idrecommendyoucheckouther2d2buildersclubatastromech.netwhereyoucanjoinandfindblueprintsalsoimightsuggestyouusesomefreakingpunctuationgoodluck

:lol

Gusgus don't get disheartened, I would suggest that you do a quick search for reference photos of r2d2 first before you post such a broad comment. Mverta was right, the actual plans can be found on the Astromech.net forums.

I would also be more helpful if you were more specific in your posts. For example, how large is this "little guy" you're building? Studio scale size? Life size? For all you know there might be someone here who has already made it.

Well to get into more detail I'm planning on making him a foot foot and a half tall just small enough to fit on my desk maybe some simple lights and r/c and in the end maybe put in a pico projector

Well to get into more detail I'm planning on making him a foot foot and a half tall just small enough to fit on my desk maybe some simple lights and r/c and in the end maybe put in a pico projector

The interactive R2 would be ideal for a project like that. Right size, pretty detailed, easily customized, huge user/fan base who can help out with tips on modding the R2. There even is an R2-group on Yahoo for this.

Little known fact: while it's common knowledge that the Death Star plans were hidden inside R2, conversely the R2 plans were hidden in the Death Star. :sleep

Little known fact: while it's common knowledge that the Death Star plans were hidden inside R2, conversely the R2 plans were hidden in the Death Star. :sleep
No WAY !!! But wouldn´t that have led to a plan feedback loop once R2 logged into the DS databanks ? Maybe it wasn´t the proton torpedo but R2´s interference that blew up the DS ?! Thank the maker GL was wise enough to hint at that by making R2 the hero in Ep1. Now all puzzle pieces fall into place...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back