Rogue One Vader costume

TFA Falcon looked great to me. It had been 30 years in story. Even from ANH to ESB the ship had changes. They pay more attention than you think. They made the gloves of the R1 Vader like the ANH suit (his gloves were differently pleated in ESB and ROTJ.) They used the amber lenses (Noticeable in some shots more than others) and the triangle chin vent is smaller like ANH, widows peak is there which was not on any of the other helmets besides ANH one, chest box/belt is pretty spot-on ANH.

I don't think they pay that much detail to the suit. Look at the ROTS suit as compared to ANH. I think they are happy if it's recognizable as Darth Vader. They know the fanatics, like us, will tear it apart but they are only interested in the bottom line profit so they don't care about those details.

Look how different the TFA Falcon Cockpit was and flown as compared to the OT. I'm sure it was just make it as close as possible and that is good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few cool screenshots you can see where the paint scheme can be observed - ANH for example:

View attachment 684978 View attachment 684979 View attachment 684980

Yeah, honestly, even though I KNOW that it's painted two different colors, it still just looks like it's all black and just reflecting light differently off of each plane of the helmet. I doubt most people will notice the two tone paint scheme in R1 unless they know about it like us.

TFA Falcon looked great to me. It had been 30 years in story. Even from ANH to ESB the ship had changes. They pay more attention than you think. They made the gloves of the R1 Vader like the ANH suit (his gloves were differently pleated in ESB and ROTJ.) They used the amber lenses (Noticeable in some shots more than others) and the triangle chin vent is smaller like ANH, widows peak is there which was not on any of the other helmets besides ANH one, chest box/belt is pretty spot-on ANH.

I thought the TFA Falcon cockpit looked fine for a 3D printed recreation whereas the original was made from actual junkyard parts and "kit bashing." They mentioned changing parts in the movie so they covered those changes.

When they started filming ANH, Harrison had to come up with a way to fly the Falcon for filming as it came with no instructions and he was not an actual pilot at that time. That came later in the 80's.

Just watch the films when they jump to Hyperspace or fly through the asteroid belt, the Han does not fly the Falcon like an airplane as it was in TFA.

In fact, I am pretty sure in the OT, the cockpit did not have a thruster throttle handle which was prominently used by Rey in TFA, to increase or decrease engine speed.

I think the TFA design was better suited for actual flying the Falcon in a realistic manner (like an airplane) but in the OT they just made it up as they went along with yoke and switches in the cockpit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, honestly, even though I KNOW that it's painted two different colors, it still just looks like it's all black and just reflecting light differently off of each plane of the helmet. I doubt most people will notice the two tone paint scheme in R1 unless they know about it like us.

True, in both cases

What other explanation could there be? ;)
Clearly the "chin gap" seen in the trailer is from the part where Jyn Erso is wearing Vader's suit as a disguise to sneak past everyone and steal the Death Star plans.

What other explanation could there be? ;)
Clearly the "chin gap" seen in the trailer is from the part where Jyn Erso is wearing Vader's suit as a disguise to sneak past everyone and steal the Death Star plans.

:ninja:angel

Lady_Vader_Cosplay_Metal.jpg

It could be worse, we could have gotten this Vader, made from 100% ILM tour suit pieces and used for various Official LFL appearances and the cardboard standee's.

Darth_Vader_Render.png

I mean, they do have this costume sitting in the LFL archives ready to go.

New to the forum, but as someone who saw Vader walk onto the screen as a 7 year old, as a 14 year old buyer of the Don Post plastic version, as a new owner of the EFX standard Vader, the neck issue is a big deal. Bigger than the cod, the sculpt itself, anything. How could this be missed?!? Even if i hadnt considered building a Vader and joining my local 501st, it would stick out to me as a viewer. Lets just hope its only the one scene. The actor is plenty big...its the inside rigging and a prop master on break i imagine.

New to the forum, but as someone who saw Vader walk onto the screen as a 7 year old, as a 14 year old buyer of the Don Post plastic version, as a new owner of the EFX standard Vader, the neck issue is a big deal. Bigger than the cod, the sculpt itself, anything. How could this be missed?!? Even if i hadnt considered building a Vader and joining my local 501st, it would stick out to me as a viewer. Lets just hope its only the one scene. The actor is plenty big...its the inside rigging and a prop master on break i imagine.
There was a tweet which implied the final film won't have the neck issue. It's not unusual for trailers to have scenes which differ in the film.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

welcome to the club! i love the user name! :thumbsup

Yes OT gets built-in immunity from criticism. Because somehow they didn't have the budget to fix that. Of course it would have probably just needed an adjustment and cost nothing. Different world then. They didn't imagine frame by frame analysis at home.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back