The Interview (Post-release)

Oh okay. We have been doing that for most movie threads (mainly non franchise ones) which don't have several pages of pre-release discussion, for over two years now.

Well, the GOP haven't followed through with their threat of posting Sony's info since the film has been released on YouTube and being shown in independent theaters.

Last edited:
So did anyone manage to see this now it's had a very limited theatrical release and is now out on video on demand? I caught it online and I think it was pretty good, certainly in the style as Rogan and Goldberg's other work so if you liked their other films chances are you'll like this. I can't help but feel that there will be a lot of people who watch it out of curiosity because of the controversy surrounding it who will dismiss it as being bad because it doesn't suit their tastes though. It's a shame that this film has so much hype around it from the surrounding new and controversy that it will never meet some people's expectations.
Overall I liked it though, jokes were pretty solid and the acting was decent; Randall Park as Kim Jong-un was particularly great. Also that surprise cameo at the begining was amazing, completely came out of nowhere to be one of the best jokes in the film. Try to separate the film from the surrounding controversy and go in without the hype and not expecting too much and I think you'll enjoy it.

I'm going to watch it, just to satisfy my curiousity what the fuss is all about… but I still don't believe North Korea has the capacity to steal about 100 TB that easy from Sony…

Ugh... I watched it.

As sick as I am getting of Rogen, I enjoyed the **** out of it.

Loved Franco... loved Kim...

Bah.:angry

yeah the movie is ok, not great, and it certainly wouldnt have the kind of response its getting, if it werent for the "patriotism"

it has its funny moments, but is also intensely dull for periods of time. also lot of build up early without anything happening.
i liked it for a one time watch, but thats probably it.

The hype was never based on the quality of the movie. It was solely based on its political ramifications. That being said, it was still pretty good. The story was solid. The party scenes with Skylark and Kim JU were fantastic. I would say one of Rogan's best films.

I can't help but feel that there will be a lot of people who watch it out of curiosity because of the controversy surrounding it who will dismiss it as being bad because it doesn't suit their tastes though.
That is a possibility with most movies. Not the controversy, but not liking a movie because it does not suit their tastes or because of a trailer that misrepresents the movie. I like "Austin Powers", but the first time I saw it I did not like it at all. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was not that.

And the large theater chains pushed themselves a step or two closer to irrelevancy. I rented the movie on Christmas night for $7, which is less than a movie ticket. I did not have to pick one of a few times to watch it, deal with people talking, or a kid kicking the back of my chair. I'm not saying streaming will kill off movies any more than movies killed live theater.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back