Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Compelling. I don't think it has quite the punch the TFA teaser did.

True. There wasn't that same feeling as with the TFA trailer, but for me, at least, there was still plenty of good stuff to get excited about. Need to watch it a few more dozen times to really begin dissecting it for any possible clues.

I'm convinced you'd say that about anything unless you were the ones designing, or choosing the designs. They do similar as before.... they get criticized, they do different.... they also get criticized. You think they could ever win over EVERYONE?

Last edited:
Amazing trailer! Until that last line when I shouted out loud "You've got to be &#!@ing kidding me!"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

New A-wing, frame center.

Star%20Wars%20The%20Last%20Jedi%20Official%20Teaser%20Full%20HD1920x1080.mp4_snapshot_01.32_2017.04.14_12.17.56_zpsiifg5khh.jpg

It bugs my OCD on the poster that Kylo's face is half the size of Luke's its a weird balance/choice.

So if its time for The Jedi to end, why is Luke training Rey? To take Kylo out and then stop being a Jedi? Would think it would be safer to do it himself since Rey then becomes another new generation if she doesnt give it up.

Last edited:
Was it uke, or Benicio's character? Looked like Benecio's, but I couldn't tell if it was Hamill's voice.

I believe so, looked like a blue version of:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/43/67/cd43670dc19c3c26727c8b1e51bd16d8.jpg

Well, As they were heading off stage to show the trailer, Mark was saying he recorded lines for the trailer and he hadn't even seen it yet. Nothing in that struck me as lines recorded for the trailer. So maybe the last shot is someone else with his voice over?

Well, As they were heading off stage to show the trailer, Mark was saying he recorded lines for the trailer and he hadn't even seen it yet. Nothing in that struck me as lines recorded for the trailer. So maybe the last shot is someone else with his voice over?
This is still just a teaser; maybe those lines land in the first full trailer?

Sigh. Looking like another botch job. JJ Abrams botched the lore with his paint by numbers movie and this one looks to botch the "balancing of the force" concept. I really don't like the direction Disney is taking things.

I'm convinced you'd say that about anything unless you were the once design the, or choosing the designs. They do similar as before they get criticized, they do different they also get criticize. You think they could ever win over EVERYONE?

The last big ship design in the trailer is new???? !!!!!!!!¬

If you cut an X wings wing off, stick a falcons cabin on the front engine, that's your "new "design. It looks, like quite a few of the new ships that have been introduced , just wrong. And lazy. No elegance , no military function or structure, just clumsy as hell.

The updated A wing whose tail you can see in the exploding landing bay shot and in the blurry still above looks great ,like the new X wing did from TFA. But this obsession with over sized wings and lego brick like designs are neither a movement forward or an innovative design. The toy sales from these are going to crash to the ground like that horrible B wing brick from TFA.

Ok so the background voices in the Teaser...
When you see the back of Leia's head, you hear her say "Help me Obi-Wan.."
Then when you see Kylo Ren's helmet, you hear Obi-Wan say, "He was seduced by the Darkside..."
Then when you see the Tree, Yoda says something but it's much harder for me to understand. Sounds like "Train him..." but there's a second part to it that I can't pick out.

Any ideas?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back