Darktrooper Progress Thread update: 4/7/13

Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread update: 6/5/12 Minor details..

So I spent the better part of the day finishing up the trimming and sanding. I focused on cleaning up the (one) forarm that I'll use, a bicep and the shin armor. I've run into an issue with the calves, but as with my clone armor, I need to get some experienced members to help me with the construction, as they are a tight fit on me..

-TC

Yea quick and cheap :/

Problem right now is I'm pretty much unemployed as the company I work for is going under, a lot of issues causing that. I'm kinda SOL until I find work. Got an interview tomorrow though :crossing fingers:

What's the status of all your armour parts? Have you collected them all yet? You must be pretty close...

That pep/ foam looks like a good option but i wonder how well it will blend with the rest of your pieces

What's the status of all your armour parts? Have you collected them all yet? You must be pretty close...

That pep/ foam looks like a good option but i wonder how well it will blend with the rest of your pieces

Sorta together. Im running into issues incomplete parts/bad pulls. I acquired what I thought were AM parts, but they weren't complete sets. The result is that the other halves of the shins aren't available, and I am using mirrored pieces. To top it off, they don't fit me too well. The forearms aren't too great, only one would be considered manageable, but I'm not satisfied with the box details. One bicep piece is good, but need another. I contacted AM directly and they told me they will not sell me the parts I need unless I buy an entire set of armor.

Overall, the TK pieces I received are not working out, and I need to either replace them or make them myself. Overall this wouldn't have worked for C6 for a number of reasons. I'm "aiming" for Star Wars Weekends next year this time, assuming I'll have a steady job for once...

It's a bummer I am on the otherside of the world I might have been able to help you out with the TK bits .....

If you had some styrene or ABS sheet you could probably scratch build some forearms, similar to a pep thing but without all the bloody sanding and bogging plus you would get the desired colour and finish.

Have you seen this?
http://www.therpf.com/f24/homemade-clone-trooper-armor-108824/
The guy just patterns everythign out in plastic. genius!

OK!

Fiberglass reinforcement is complete. Gotta wait for it to cure but that's ok. I'll begin bondoing hopefully soon as well. Looks nasty right now, but it'll look pretty soon enough. Big thanks to my buddy Anthony for coming all the way down to help!!

0nbrGq6.jpg

Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread update: 3/23/13 Fun continues

AWESOME! It's back I was hoping you would come back to this project, I will check out the FB page

Started sanding the helmet today. Haven't started the bondo work but I've got an industrial size thing of it waiting to be cracked open. It's going ok for now, focused on the face today, but it's gonna take time. Cut the eyes out but don't have all of my dremel bits to get the rest, so it looks kinda goofy at the moment. Gonna start bondo tomorrow...

image_zps515c4281.jpg

image_zps2f7ccee6.jpg

photo_zps90a9b4c2.jpg

-TC

Started sanding the helmet today. Haven't started the bondo work but I've got an industrial size thing of it waiting to be cracked open. It's going ok for now, focused on the face today, but it's gonna take time. Cut the eyes out but don't have all of my dremel bits to get the rest, so it looks kinda goofy at the moment. Gonna start bondo tomorrow...

image_zps515c4281.jpg

image_zps2f7ccee6.jpg

photo_zps90a9b4c2.jpg

-TC

All rise in the presence of Dark Helmet? Wow man what a long process you've taken. Keep pushing, can't wait to see it finished. :thumbsup

Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread update: 3/30/13 sanding the helmet

Spent considerable time today, though the results for the day's work is minimal. I do miss my mouse sander. Got this far by hand, but it shows that it works so far, but is just going to take along time. I'm not a "bondo ranger" like I've seen others so I'm feeling the "pain" already lol

Anyways, focusing on the dome for now. I noticed that there is bump on the helmet that is the remnants of a particular expanding foam incident years ago when I first built the model. I'm going to need to correct this, but I'll require a power sander to make significant headway. Otherwise, I'm going to just keep building up and sanding till it gets there..

wKnMO64.jpg

8CcCRgf.jpg

Ls5PJRZ.jpg

vNtvR6q.jpg

Thanks..

-TC

Not posting as much since this phase is just bondo after bondo work. I was able to borrow a mouse sander and a dremel from a friend which helped out a lot! Before slathering more bondo on today, it was actually really looking good considering how it looked when I started. At this point, the majority of it is looking good, but I'm focusing on filling out and leveling/evening out particular areas as well as forming the dome's rim to make it more defined and get that "polygonal" look taken out and brought into a real world round look.

Also mad the eyes look less goofy. Still need to get my needle files though to get the remainder out. Thanks for your patience!

dABVKHq.jpg

8RVNpXh.jpg

-TC

So, dusting off this thread. I'm about ready to start looking into this again. I did a bit of more thought and decided that I am going to complete the helmet first and foremost. I really want to be able to offer these to the community and those who may be interested. Other obligations and projects sidetracked me.

The armor will follow. One thing I did realize that I didn't before was that the belt, with the exception of the boxes themselves, is a TK belt. So...the clone belt I had custom made is actually going to have to be replaced. Sucks, but oh well.

Awesome stuff.

If you ever do offer the helmet and armor I would definitely be interested in a set. :)

I'm planning to be able to offer the helmets once I get it produced. It's going to be a monster of a helmet as it is absolutely massive. The armor, maybe, some components I am planning to scratch build myself but others as you may have seen are pieces from other kits.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back