Homemade Clone Trooper Armor [UPDATE May 28]

Sergiotron

Homemade Clone Trooper Armor

== UPDATE ==

This is how it looks right now
IMG_9527%20copy.jpg

FAQs (English version at the bottom half)
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=736008169867514&id=591757074292625

I'm sharing my templates and process for free on my channel (check the description of my videos)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaHD8NW93xxS-mj7qq1EEyw

Check out my Facebook fan page for updates:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Encuentros-Cercanos-del-Tercer-Mundo/591757074292625

== END OF TRANSMISSION ==

Hi everybody! My name is Sergio and I'm from Colombia - South America.
I'm an active member in clonetroopers.net :)

I'm making a Clone Trooper armor and I thought it would be nice to share my technic and to know your opinion. Here's my progress so far:
First, I've made paper templates like this one
P1020425.jpg

Then I glue it
P1020435.jpg

I did the same thing with almost all armor parts:
P1020673.jpg

I tried to use fiberglass to make the "wearable" version, but it was a total mess
P1030043.jpg

So, last two weeks I've been using plastic sheets. They are normally used in false ceilings. Here's the result
Chest
P1040119.jpg

Back
P1040130.jpg

Unavoidable fit test :)
P1040142.jpg

Today I finished the biceps (painted with primer)
P1040171.jpg

That is my progress so far. I will keep updated this topic.
Thanks for looking and comments are welcome!

Sergio

Last edited:
Re: Homemade Clone Trooper Armor

Very nice really like it. :thumbsup You didn't happen to make templates or anything? I'm guessing no since it looks to be straight up build. :)

Outstanding!
Very cool!
Wow! Nice-
Thanks!

what do you use to glue the pieces?
I use acrylic glue and hot glue

Very nice really like it. :thumbsup You didn't happen to make templates or anything? I'm guessing no since it looks to be straight up build. :)
Thanks! I'm not sure about your question. I've made all templates by hand :)

Oh man, that's great. None of those templates are on a computer file you can share I guess, huh? I've tried similar experiments and totally effed up every time. Outstanding job there!

Oh man, that's great. None of those templates are on a computer file you can share I guess, huh? I've tried similar experiments and totally effed up every time. Outstanding job there!

Thanks! Right now the templates aren't digitalized. I will offer them when they're ready :)

Wow very nice, you don't see scratch armor builds like this often. Keep up the great work.

Thanks everybody!
Here's my first update here. I did the groove in the middle of the chest and the detail where the shoulder strap must be:

Snapshot1.jpg

Snapshot2.jpg

Sorry about the quality, but my camera will be traveling next three weeks with my mother-in-law, so I had to use my laptop's cam :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back