Game of Thrones

Funny part now is that the show is right and the books will be written to what the show does.

Pulled the above comment from another thread, so as not to derail that conversation. Not sure if you just pulled that out of thin air or where you got that info from, but, GRRM and the show runners have always said that the books are the books and the show is the show. Game of Thrones has already deviated from the ASOIAF books in major ways and there has been nothing to suggest that they are going to go back and revise the books. Whatever the show does from this point forward in no way will dictate what GRRM has to do in the books. Its been well documented that he has shared key plot elements with the show runners, so one can only assume that the show will end in a similar fashion as the books and that the show will now be spoiling some things for book readers, but saying that the books will be written to what the show does is just not true. Obviously they will have things in common, but neither is beholden to the other.

B1eYbP3CAAAdV7d.jpg
This beauty was delivered today. Absolutely gorgeous volume with tons of illustrations and background that is sometimes only briefly mentioned in the show, if at all. I'm looking forward to diving into this. My suspicion is that there are hints of what might happen in the books and show in here if a reader is savvy enough to see them. :)

I just received my copy the other day as well. Soooooo much awesome information. I especially love the touch that it was supposed to have been written from the perspective of a maester. Its also nice to have something sorta new ASOIAF related to read.

Pulled the above comment from another thread, so as not to derail that conversation. Not sure if you just pulled that out of thin air or where you got that info from, but, GRRM and the show runners have always said that the books are the books and the show is the show. Game of Thrones has already deviated from the ASOIAF books in major ways and there has been nothing to suggest that they are going to go back and revise the books. Whatever the show does from this point forward in no way will dictate what GRRM has to do in the books. Its been well documented that he has shared key plot elements with the show runners, so one can only assume that the show will end in a similar fashion as the books and that the show will now be spoiling some things for book readers, but saying that the books will be written to what the show does is just not true. Obviously they will have things in common, but neither is beholden to the other.

Right, but if you read over the whole post in the other thread and mine. It was about spoiler tags and tv vs. comic /books things. It was a point of how the roles have kinda flip. The books will be the books of the past, thankfully nothing will change that. But Martian has said that as we all know the show will show part of the story that will be in the future books. Not saying they will totally be what the book would be since that cant happen. Due to how they already have changed from what they took from the book story line. Its now that when people watch the tv show, they will get a story. When the book comes out they will be able to see it played out a bit different, but with the same possible effect of " oh, i know whats coming / happening. thus the roles have kinda flipped..get it? Its not a bash on GoT or anyone / thing. Personally i would love to see him give everyone 2 total different endings..Make the Hound come back as killing machine with Ayra. Tag team at its finest.. ha

Enjoy the new book. I haven't been able to catch up on my reading lately due to work. My brother said its very cool.

View attachment 399599
This beauty was delivered today. Absolutely gorgeous volume with tons of illustrations and background that is sometimes only briefly mentioned in the show, if at all. I'm looking forward to diving into this. My suspicion is that there are hints of what might happen in the books and show in here if a reader is savvy enough to see them. :)

Is this the book that Martin stopped...err excuse me *paused* Winds of Winter to do?

And even if it isn't that was a horrible idea. I understand doing it but come on, at least do a Terry Brooks and write your big "all about" history/places/characters book after you've finished the main series.

From what I understand he works on multiple projects simultaneously, so,no, he didn't really stop writing WoW to do World. Besides, I'm fairly certain World was mostly compiled by Elio and Linda with GRRM just overseeing or curating.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back