Just got mine from Amazon.UK. The book didnt have any kind of slipcover, and the cover itself was pretty scuffed up. Otherwise, this book is HUGE and amazing. Covers all 3 original films with concept art, props, costumes, models, promotional material, and toys. Just wish I could read it. Thankfully there are many many many photos.

Just got mine from Amazon.UK. The book didnt have any kind of slipcover, and the cover itself was pretty scuffed up. Otherwise, this book is HUGE and amazing. Covers all 3 original films with concept art, props, costumes, models, promotional material, and toys. Just wish I could read it. Thankfully there are many many many photos.

Mine arrived the same way. Considering the price of the book, that's virtually unacceptable. However, I can give it pass if I get a chance to own this book. It's just a sickly wonderful smorgasbord of Star Wars deliciousness.

No DL-44's either but well worth the price[emoji106]

c7171e14e332698c6d32c89d76629679.jpg

Any good ANH R2-D2 info in this?

There's 2 nice pics of an R2 "from the archives of George Lucas", front and back. It's a 2 legged non-Kenny version. Nothing stands out aside from missing one of the battery clips from the front of the battery box. Remarkably clean, blue looks to have been possibly been recently repainted. Doesn't have any lights/fibers in the logic displays (front or rear), only a milky film where they should be.

Mine arrived the same way. Considering the price of the book, that's virtually unacceptable. However, I can give it pass if I get a chance to own this book. It's just a sickly wonderful smorgasbord of Star Wars deliciousness.

Unfortunately that's the difference between book released in Europe and US compared to Japan. All the books I got from Japan were well packed, the latest being the Chronicles-Vehicles one coming from amazon.co.jp. The books from Amazon.com, uk, or fr weren't packed half as well.

!!!

If you're able to, a nice scan of that would be very helpful!

Pic of Luke saber from both the books released by these French authors:

Luke Lightsaber French books.JPG

Luke%20Lightsaber%20French%20books_zpsehxdglci.jpg

Attachments

• Luke Lightsaber French books.JPG
    Luke Lightsaber French books.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
This is a GREAT book! I read it with Google Translate. Works great. I also read the newspapers that wrapped Romans GRAFLEX's with it. However, if you don't want to do that, there are tons of photos.
Now I gotta track down that Chronicles book.

How do you read a physical book with Google Translate?

Not sure about google translate but there is a phone app that works with books. U just take a picture and tell what language it is and a what language u want. Presto!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't even care about the text....over 800 photos of SW props immediately sucked me in. Just ordered it from Amazon UK for $41 shipped. :cool

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back