Got mine from Amazon UK a couple of days ago. NICE book. Lovely photography. GREAT pics of the ROTJ rebel pilot helmets. What do we know about the saber pictured with Luke's severed hand? Are there threads on it already? What is the base flash unit?

Just got the book! Arrived in an open box, so the post man had a good read.

Firstly, it smells fantastic. The photography is beautiful. There is a good collection of graphics and poster art, and photos from around the release. Lots of original toy shots, prototypes etc. Nice paper. The props are good - lots of models, some weapons, alien masks, some armour etc. Definitely worth the price, should be added to the forum's reading list.

Google translate from photo phone app translates the french almost perfectly.

Bad points:
Rookie error of printing double spread photos in such a way the centre of the image is eaten up.

Last edited:
Bad points:
Rookie error of printing double spread photos in such a way the centre of the image is eaten up.

Got mine today, packaging was terrible, agree the double spread photos are across the centre of the book are a waste of time. just put them on their own page.

Apart from that lots of rare stuff

The author owns some unique items. He has Han Solo's Hero Stormtrooper helmet....

I do believe that it's Luke's helmet in that collection. Do they say it's Han's in the book? When this particular hero bucket popped up on the FISD site, I did some comparisons to screen grabs and it looked a LOT more like Luke's helmet than Han's. For instance, Han has a high brow (which admittedly can be changed) and 7 stripes in the left tear. Both the yellowed hero helmet in this collection and Luke's have 8 stripes in the left tear.

Luke on the left and Han at the bottom...yellow helmet in between:
Luke Han Yellow Helmet Small.jpg

This pic shows that the second stripe on the left tear has a wide paddle-like base on both Luke's and the yellow helmet:
Compare Luke to Yellow.jpg

I do believe that it's Luke's helmet in that collection. Do they say it's Han's in the book? When this particular hero bucket popped up on the FISD site, I did some comparisons to screen grabs and it looked a LOT more like Luke's helmet than Han's. For instance, Han has a high brow (which admittedly can be changed) and 7 stripes in the left tear. Both the yellowed hero helmet in this collection and Luke's have 8 stripes in the left tear.

Luke on the left and Han at the bottom...yellow helmet in between:
View attachment 684168

This pic shows that the second stripe on the left tear has a wide paddle-like base on both Luke's and the yellow helmet:
View attachment 684167

Yes, you're right.

mine arrived last week. no slipcase but book is in great shape. binding is a little loose, but no problems with pages. real pretty photos. i like it a lot.

Last edited:
Got mine from Amazon UK a couple of days ago. NICE book. Lovely photography. GREAT pics of the ROTJ rebel pilot helmets.
This is definitely looking like a book that I'll need to pick up, but one thing I noticed about the book (I've seen some pictures that were sent to me), the RotJ Rebel helmets are all non-canon prototype helmets. The A-wing, B-wing and Y-wing helmets weren't used in the movie and are prototype helmets, which can be seen from the fact that the A-wing pilot helmet doesn't have a top shield (which was originally going to be part of the B-wing pilot helmet for what I've seen), the chin cup on the B-wing helmet that didn't end up being used except for on the Sullustan deleted scene pilot, the "wedge" greeblie on the A-wing and B-wing helmets being black while in the movie most of them are painted the base color of the helmet (usually white or off-white) and all of the greeblies on each of the three helmets are completely different from the greeblies on the movie helmets. I've also seen those helmets listed elsewhere, I saw pictures of them a couple years ago on another site that had the helmets in their collection.

Though I'm always glad to see more pictures of the RotJ Rebel helmets, anyway, canon or not. :p

Could somebody post what pics from Vaderprops are in the book and if there is something about the Vader Revealmasks?

Ordered mine this week as the price has dropped quite a bit in the UK. Should have it early next week :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Could somebody post what pics from Vaderprops are in the book and if there is something about the Vader Revealmasks?

I just bought Star Wars Vestauaria la trilogia original (yes, it's in Spanish) by Brandon Alinger and it has some nice reveal-shots of Vader's "interior". It's not up to the quality of Objects du Mythe photos, but you should be able to get something out of them.

Relevant pages (PM me if interested):

IMG_1610[1].JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back