The Walking Dead Season 4

That's what I did!
My wife damn near hopped out of her seat yelling "YES" when Michonne skewered the chief psycho. I would have left him for the 'biters'.

I enjoyed that episode, it was pretty intense.
Surely they did…
I believe I saw blood as well. I hope one of the survivors grabbed her up and got blood on the carrier in the process...
murphy: Katakana, since when are syllable lethal :lol? You meant Katana ;)
Does Michonne have two katakana? Just curious because l only remember seeing one in previous episodes.
yeah ***ker's pretty the same as the Gov…
I loved Michonne running the governor through. I wish walkers would have eaten him while he was still alive.

Glad Darryl put an arrow in that punk's chest.

Time to move on from the governor and the prison! Yes! Out in the open, unprotected, with walkers around every corner! Bring it on!
cayman shen Yepp, I noticed it too. Mythbuster busted that myth.
AR rounds bouncing off an empty filing cabinet?! A bus?! C'mon!!!!! That really annoyed me. I'm not usually nitpicky about stuff but...c'mon!
Say what?! You mean, I'll have to wait till Febuary??? NOOOOO!!!!
But nitpicking aside, great episode. I seriously expected Carl, or Carol in a Han Solo move, to kill the Gov. Come on Feb!!!
Gotta re-watch that scene! Daryl and Michonne are up par with badassness
BTW, did anyone else catch the Creepy Woman from the first episode in the herd of Walkers that approached the prison, the one that Rick ran into in the woods?

Also, BTW, Daryl DIxon verses a Tank. Daryl wins. Okay, that's slightly bad-ass, but Michonne is still the most bad-ass in my opinion.
This I found it strange too…
I can't believe that no one can aim. They make storm troopers seem like seal team 6 snipers.,

They should have 2 shots line up from the get go. One person locking a scope on the tank driver since he was standing half way out of it. 2nd one being on the gov. Once he chopped Hershel..bang! Tangos down...work on the rest.

I think, the writers are done with Hershel, there's nothing more to tell about him. Or they wanted re-emphasis the statement that no one's safe.
The more I think about the Governor killing Herschel, the less sense it makes. I get he's a psycho and it's hard to make sense out of what he does, I also understand that killing Herschel might make a bigger statement to the prison gang. But, he had Michonne - someone I would've thought he would've killed on sight with their history - it just makes more sense for him to kill Michonne.

Kill Michonne and Rick and the gang might be more willing to deal - Michonne was more a warrior (with blood on her hands) and her death would've shocked them, but might not've spurred the reaction Herschel's did. Seeing Michonne killed and seeing Herschel defenseless they may've made some other attempt to stall or outright make a deal to save the "helpless old man."

So... again, this just doesn't add up to me. As crazy as he is, he is still a man stuck on revenge - at Rick & the prison and probably moreso at Michonne - he's still a smart man (he did run an entire town); killing Herschel just doesn't add up.

And as last statement from me regarding the Gov: Good Riddance!!!! I would have sliced and diced him to pieces!

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the episode for a number of reasons but the biggest thing for me was the feeling that the show finally got a kick in the ass and there was forward momentum instead of the lethargic near dead pace that has been the norm lately.

herschel was everything that was pure in the world. good guy, family man, risk his own life to help others in trouble. smart and wise. While the Gov was everything that was evil. Herschel was the right choice to send a message. Michonne was just a warrior that he would have like to kill slowly in a locked room for pure enjoyment.

The more I think about the Governor killing Herschel, the less sense it makes.

Herschel spoke of his children at the prison when trying to reason with the Gov. Although I do agree the Gov should have shot sword girl first, then went after Herschel. I may be missing something though as I fell asleep seemingly at the same time during the three times it was shown last night and woke up each time to see his head on the ground out of focus.
If you marksmen guys really want to knit pick, why was the guy that called himself a tank driver not actually driving the tank? And at that, why did he target areas to destroy that they were there to take over? I was certain the bus was going to get a round or two from the tank but nope. And then, where were all the fence walkers while the Gov's people were setting up a close proximity stand off outside the fence?

On a side note, it will be absolutely Hi"Larious if they end up back at the farm.

my favorite B.S. part of the last episode carl has a great idea shoot the governor , Daryl he's 50 yards away you'll never make the shot . yeah not with a crossbow robin hood . carl had a Winchester which has an affective range of 200 yards using standard ammo, and carl is a good shot .

here would be my plan for the prison which would suck for the show cuz it would be boring and uneventful after awhile .

first and I have said this first part before, I would live in the tower by the gate and my full time job would be killing fence zombies and digging a trench inside the two fences (like we have seen at Woodbury .) adding some pungie stakes . I would rather push out and build it on the outside but that would mean others would have to help and apparently they all need 20 hours rest a day. (they had time to construct a metal door and add wooden barricades and also apparently had time to clear the fence line of zombies from time to time as there is not a pile of them on the fence.) so I don't want to hear that it couldn't be done . thus there would not have been a fence breach saving a ton of ammo (and I think a few worthless lives I cant remember.) when the zombies pile up you burn em in the trench after a while you might have to clean out the ash but it will be a long time . that also would have stopped everything but the tank from having a chance to breach the fence.

also living in the tower BOOM there is someone about 20 yards away (going by Daryl's estimate's) from the governor when he shows up hopefully with a radio to warn the others, as I still cant believe a tank and a dozen cars roll up unnoticed (not one sentry, really not a one?) the governor draws the sword back to kill Hershel POP he dead , tank dude POP he dead and the battle may now start.

but Hershel would not have been there , I would have shot him in the head at the farm the second I learned he is keeping zombies . because

I am dedicated to the eradication of the zombie nation .
and
I will kill anyone who gets in the way of me killing anyone.

seriously the group would hate me soon enough. Tyreese wanted to give up fine POP head shot, the black medic dude doesn't know if he can carry on POP head shot. rick goes funny sorry POP head shot and if I didn't kill him then well. rick comes back and says he got rid of carol POP head shot.

because I hate to bring this up, BUT all carol did was save those two people from dying a slow painful death and turning into zombies and killing others while I would have quarantined them until they turned myself they still would have died as all the others who got that sick that early and even much later died. they would have died ten minutes after the group left to get meds if not before (and what the hell pop a couple aspirin and penicillin and your cured from the unknown killer virus ?)

also if anyone of the group was interested I would let them join in my roman style training which I would be doing any free chance I got using a riot shield (which they have a ton of yet only T-DOG USED!!!!!!!) and whatever sword, spear axe I could find or make . if you got enough of the people to train. you could "turtle up" and walk out of a pretty big heard of ZEDS, shields up circled around and stick and walk and stick and walk and stick and walk . the training also includes rudimentary engineering .I.e. trench, wall building. remember Caesar built an 11 mile 13 foot high circumvallation around Alesia in 3 weeks , then another one around that when Gallic reinforcements showed up now he had approximately 40,000 men but they were fighting at the time and the construction was huge. how worthless are the prison residents that the cant build a few hundred feet of trench. maybe they should make a run out to a home depot and see if there are any Mexicans still looking for work.

oh yeah, and whoever made the bloody skinned rat thing or whatever that thing was Tyreese found has the baby.

and last but not least the question is not how did the kids get guns but WHY DIDNT THEY HAVE THEM ALREADY?????????

I would figure they had some pre arranged meeting area just in case. They had the bus ready for evacuating everyone so they must have had something planned. Depending on how far away the farm is from the prison, it makes as good a choice as any. Most of the people obviously know where it is and the rest of the group could have been given a map and directions.

I may be mistaken but looking at the make up of the groups, I think Tyrese's group would be the only one that wouldn't have someone who has been previously at the farm.

I keep hearing everyone say things like "its about staying human and keeping your values in the face of a horrible reality".
without our killer instinct there would be no humanity. we are the dominate species on this planet because we were the best killers.
we had competition on this planet people, Neanderthal's they looked different and they wanted our food and our woman so we wiped them off the planet.
when it comes to killing we damn good .

do you think in the walking dead universe there are survivors living at the still existing concentration camps in Germany ? ( yes there still are quiet a few they kept them so future generations could come see and remember.) there ovens helping to save mankind instead of destroy it ?

I know my last post was long but I only get on here every 3 weeks so I got to catch up .

and to the less caffeine guy.

"calm down , calm down , f@*k that . you start getting excited mother f@*ker ."

maybe I have some god given gift for shooting others don't posses, but I don't think so.

while as a child I did shoot a pellet gun a lot and could shoot the heads off army men at maybe 20 feet .I only go shooting a few times a year, only been hunting twice. got a squirrel and a deer (the deer doesn't count though three people shot it. it was charging my uncle who climbed down the tree stand to pee lol . I have tied in a shooting contest where I was using a .45 hand gun and they were using a marlin model 60 with a scope . the last shot I couldn't even see what we were shooting I just aimed at where I saw his shot hit . and they last time I went shooting was when I bought my AK47 at first it jammed and I couldn't hit a field in a barnyard with it , but after replacing the clip and removing the "really cool looking " recoil suppressor almost all AK's come with . and taking a few shots to learn the sights on the gun I hit a dozen cans at 20 yards in less than ten seconds. and in all that I say if the gun is accurate, the sights are aligned correct. with minimal practice anyone can be a decent shot.

maybe my pellet gun play as a kid put shooting into muscle memory for me. but my dad had only fired a gun once before, but with an accurate weapon he was able to shoot 2 liter bottles from 50 feet quiet simply.

when the adrenalin is flowing (if you don't freak out and have practiced at all.) both the sights on you gun and your target look huge.

Armchair snipers! :lol I love it when people say "I would've", etc. Get into a rifle exchange at 50-100 yards, 99% of people are going to **** themselves and cry like baby's begging for their mamas. And to stay calm enough to make precise head shots...Good luck.

I'm glad they are out of the prison. That was getting boring.

They should get to a coast, find an island with livestock and ground they can farm.

- - - Updated - - -

An AK-47 has a clip? lol

Most AK's come with a with either a slant compensator or a flash suppressor. Neither affect accuracy, that's all up to the sights. A compensator helps keep the barrel from climbing during rapid fire.

The bad marksmanship I would complain about is after the tank came into the main prison area and the guys where right beside the tank. They were maybe 20-30yds away and still missing. I think most of them are beyond the point of not being able to shoot because of combat. They've faced walkers countless times and they fought the Woodbury people. The prison crew have vastly more experience than the Gov.'s new crew. I also have to point out that no one ever questioned Daryl's marksmanship and he's using a crossbow and never been in combat.

Then there's the fact that no one was on lookout and totally missed hearing a tank driving up to them.

My biggest thing I was PO'd about is that Rick didn't even try to convince those people about who the Governor really is. Then he decided this was a bar fight, and he should fight fair, and jumps the Gov. That, to me, was the biggest weak writing of this episode. Rick should have shot him immediately. That was just lazy so they could have multiple people get a shot at him like the guy (name?) said on Talking Dead.

Oh and what happened to that Humvee with the .50cal on it? Conveniently written out. I think they have Star Trek writers on this show now.

doesn't affect accuracy????????????

the reason it helps the barrel from climbing is as its leaving the barrel of the gun the compressed gas disperses unevenly as it passes the slant at the end pushing the barrel down at the same time as the force of the initial blast that fired the round is pushing it up, which as you say helps keep the barrel from rising .

but then there is that physics problem old newton told us about opposite and equal reaction you might have heard of this. well opposite reaction is the bullet is pushed up at the same force of the barrel being pushed down and as the gas is released slightly different every round fired the bullet is pushed slightly different every time so it is impossible to sight your gun as the difference gets grater between each bullet fired as the last at an exponential rate given the distance hence you shoot 5 or 6 inches different at 20 yards you missing by feet at 100 yards.

which is the reason most people think AK's are inaccurate .

flash suppressors are even worse .

and UUHHH then there is the fact that I take off my recoil suppressor some folks call it a slant compressor but I call it a Kiser blade. I can hit a tick's d@*k put it back on the rounds stray all over the place so even without the knowledge of why it works why would you tell me it doesn't have an affect when my REAL WORLD experience says different .

and you are right about people getting scared during live fire . but with a slight amount of mental fortitude and training the adrenaline works for you (that is why it is there) fight or flight . I have been shot at once and I had no weapon I had no cover so I crapped my pants and got the hell out of there. (still don't no what the hell it was all about I was just out fishing.) and due to my job I have had twice to draw down on someone who was armed. and the adrenaline made both my gun sights and the target (person ) look huge I can still see the sweat on the guys hand as he lay the gun on the floor .and when it was over I crap my pants and fell back in it.

seriously a clip a magazine what's the difference? other than what you prefer it to be called ?

- - - Updated - - -

but than again who cares about accuracy in rapid fire ? it doesn't exist anyway.

they might have had a sentry. the guard tower was on fire so i figured the first tank shell that alerted everyone took that out

you mean they killed someone and did not let us see it NOOOOO. the only shot of the guard tower by the front gate showed it intact . but I thought that one of the towers was destroyed the last time the governor visited.

my favorite B.S. part of the last episode carl has a great idea shoot the governor , Daryl he's 50 yards away you'll never make the shot . yeah not with a crossbow robin hood . carl had a Winchester which has an affective range of 200 yards using standard ammo, and carl is a good shot.

But you are forgetting one, itty bitty tiny detail... The Governor is outside the fence. So, factoring the distance, what's the odds that Carl can get a headshot on the Governor without using a scope (which the Governor did use a scope when he killed Axel last season) and the bullet going through not one, but two fences? I'm not an expert sharpshooter, but wouldn't the fence be a problem in getting a shot off at the Governor?

- - - Updated - - -

you mean they killed someone and did not let us see it NOOOOO. the only shot of the guard tower by the front gate showed it intact . but I thought that one of the towers was destroyed the last time the governor visited.

The towers were originally destroyed during the Governor's first full-on assault at the end of Season 3 and were rebuilt to be crows nests using sheet metal and the remaining metal frames of the shacks. One of them was clearly destroyed from the tank blast (you can see it over Rick's shoulder in one shot as he approaches the fence to talk).

But you are forgetting one, itty bitty tiny detail... The Governor is outside the fence. So, factoring the distance, what's the odds that Carl can get a headshot on the Governor without using a scope (which the Governor did use a scope when he killed Axel last season) and the bullet going through not one, but two fences? I'm not an expert sharpshooter, but wouldn't the fence be a problem in getting a shot off at the Governor?

- - - Updated - - -

ok first why a head shot ? he is not a zombie.

and again Carl had a Winchester 30-06 (which he is probably too small to fire without massive recoil but anyway). unless he hit the fence post that massive round will punch right through the little wire of the fence if it happened to hit it without any affect .probably the fence post too.
Maggie with her FNAL also would have no problem as long as she doesn't touch the little button on the back or the gun will fall apart, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw a guy on top shot do that which is the reason have always called the FNAL the f*@king awful . all the puny 5.56 everyone else had are such a small caliber and fire at such a high rate of velocity they are easily deflected or shatter apart hence Daryl used a zombie as a shield and Tyreese uses potted plants all are plausible as whatever they hit is torn asunder but they don't penetrate very well . which is yet another reason I prefer the 7.65 AK round bullet proof vest at 100 yards or less hope you got a ceramic plate in the front or its punching right through.

The towers were originally destroyed during the Governor's first full-on assault at the end of Season 3 and were rebuilt to be crows nests using sheet metal and the remaining metal frames of the shacks. One of them was clearly destroyed from the tank blast (you can see it over Rick's shoulder in one shot as he approaches the fence to talk).

I wasn't sure what they hit with the tank I missed that part both times I watched it. I was sure I seen the front gate tower in good order though although why they wouldn't start with that tower ? again like killing Hershel instead of his nemesis I guess the old governor choose to make a statement rather than a tactical decision .

but then again why did he even bring her back to the camp when he could have killed her and told everyone he just captured Hershel. seriously I love how no one questioned him he shows up with two captives a woman and an old man and claims they are the devil . and must be destroyed oh I don't know well O.K. lets attack. and like the one dude said rick not even trying to tell the people who the governor was . rick " so how long have you know this guy ?"
Gov's crew " what's that got to do with it?" rick " so he showed up and you just voted him leader?" Crew "no our leader got drunk and fell in a zombie ditch while the governor and him were out playing golf, and then our next leader died while........OH ****** I see what your saying."

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back