Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular...

gobler

Sr Member
Will be ending according to Disney. In an article they announced the closer of both the American Idol show (had no idea they had that) and the Indy Stunt show... A lot of angry posts on the Indy closher; none for AI..

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Disney'll probably replace them both with something Frozen related since that's the cash cow they're going to beat to death until Episode 7 comes out.

Ever notice these kinds of places close down the popular rides? BTTF, t2 3d, this. No matter the park/company they must have idiots for execs.

Of course I'll miss it, but I wonder what sort of attendance it's getting nowdays, and how much it costs to operate. Though to be fair, I'm STILL ticked off that they closed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea... I don't care what it cost! :darnkids :lol

It is not closing. The only thing closing in Disney's Hollywood Studios is the American Idol Experience. Here's a link to Indy: WDW - Hollywood Studios

It's highly rumored that they are making space and way for Star Wars Land. Crossing my fingers. If Indy were to go, I'd rather much see a ride to the likes of Disneyland Resort (Indiana Jones Adventure).

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I'll miss it, but I wonder what sort of attendance it's getting nowdays, and how much it costs to operate. Though to be fair, I'm STILL ticked off that they closed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea... I don't care what it cost! :darnkids :lol

You can always go to Under the Sea and look at the water, lol. It's the only thing left of 20,000 Leagues.

It is not closing. The only thing closing in Disney's Hollywood Studios is the American Idol Experience. Here's a link to Indy: WDW - Hollywood Studios

It's highly rumored that they are making space and way for Star Wars Land.
Makes sense, as that is right next door to Star Tours, and nothing they've ever had in that building has ever been terribly interesting, going back to the original attraction, the Monster Sound Show.

Disney'll probably replace them both with something Frozen related since that's the cash cow they're going to beat to death until Episode 7 comes out.

Actually the Maelstrom attraction in the Norway Pavilion in EPCOT Center is rumored to close so it can get the FROZEN treatment. I'm on the fence about this one because I feel Disney characters really don't belong in EPCOT Center and Maelstrom is a great attraction detailing Norway. It has a beautiful post-show and the attraction itself is nice, minus the longevity of it which isn't much. Not only that, FROZEN isn't exactly set in Norway, it's set in a fictional Kingdom that goes by Arendelle but has a lot of Norwegian features. They had used Norway as inspiration for Arendelle.

Not too long ago Disney filed notice of commencement for Epcot Norway Maelstrom Legacy Removal. What people are saying is they're getting rid of the old Fast Pass system so we'll see.

Wow that would suck if it closed. Both my brother and sister were on it at the same time about 10 years ago. Still got the picture of it hanging on my wall.

Glad it's not closing, but this thing needs updating. It's been the same show for ages.

While I agree it could use some sprucing up, that show gets to max cap every time. With the exception of the earliest showing. A lot of families that go to WDW, it's their first time, to them, that show is as good as new. But yes, so glad it isn't closing, it's a must see every visit.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that would suck if it closed. Both my brother and sister were on it at the same time about 10 years ago. Still got the picture of it hanging on my wall.

I've been visiting WDW since I was a child and it's always been a mission of mine to be an extra on the show. Finally, in 2012, I managed to get picked and it was so amazing being apart of that. My 12 year old self was grinning from ear to ear the entire time. Truly an unforgettable experience.

I'm actually surprised it's still open.

Dad: Hey kids, want to go on the Indiana Jones ride?

Kids (looking up from cell phones): Who is 'Indiana Jones'?

I was JUST at Disney World, hadn't seen the show since I was 18, so almost 20 years ago... It needs a LOT of updating.

It's the same script... right down to the line something like, "You know what the Difference between you and Harrison?"

like 50 years.

They want to give an idea how movies are made, but nothing they do there is anything like how a movie is shot, especially today.

I say KEEP it Indiana Jones, but recreate a scene like in Crystal Skull with the opening to that UFO place that comes from out of the ground. They built that thing for the movie, so make another, put a green screen behind it, and have a screen showing a comp of a final shot. Have the stunt guy fall down the steps like in the movie.

Jump through all 4 movies...

start with the plane hangar scene from raiders...

Then do the mining cart scene from Indy, make a little coaster like what they shot with, with a mounted camera... show tricks like keeping the cart close to the wall so that it looks like it's moving faster on the screen...

Jump to Last Crusade with Matte paintings like at the leap of faith scene...

And again, do Crystal skull with the rising rock stairwell thing.

I couldn't sit through another "AAAAAND ACTION!" while their tiny 16 MM camera on a rolling plank shoots an entire sequence at once. "CUT!"

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back