I joined the RPF just to try and sell a recast of another member's item

Well at least everyones getting a smile on Monday! lol. Since the ******* **** has already cast it and has them on ebay I relisted more of them for less money. Might as well undercut him, the deed is done so I may as well just go with it now! If you cant beat them outsell them!

Last edited:
What luck, the guy sells just one and it goes to a recaster. I'd be livid.

I used to think making circuit boards I was safe from being recast but now a days that's not so.
Someone from this very board copied my circuit almost resistor for resistor.

I used to think making circuit boards I was safe from being recast but now a days that's not so.
Someone from this very board copied my circuit almost resistor for resistor.

then you should call him out if you have not all ready
every one deserves to know

I have not because hard proof and the proof-enough I have seen are not the same.
I was embellishing when I said resistor to resistor...I should have said function for function
since that can be achieved with different components. I will add, he did change the physical
board layout and how boards interconnect to very very closely match mine. All but one feature
from mine was added because to have done so would be like screaming from Mount Everest
that you copied me as mine are the only ones that have ever had this feature.

So calling him out is more complicated...especially since one could easily argue all he did was
correct all of the flaws in his original board design. (Which was something I set out to do when
I made mine!, to improve upon the competition) At the end of the day it is probably moot because
I released v2.0 which includes some enhancements....just to maintain my edge.

I seriously don't even know where to begin... How is someone going to buy a prop and try and sell a recast of it on a prop forum? It's like stealing a Monet and trying to sell it back to the museum. Times like this I wish human scientific advancements didn't interfere with natural selection.

I would love to have a material that would distort and warp or even liquify the master if it comes into contact with mold making material. Like a chemical reaction that's set into motion via interaction with the meeting of the mold and the paint/part. I'm sure if the prop industry makes enough noise, the companies will do something... like maybe a coating (clear coat - or in the paint or resin itself) with a certain chemical component and if uncured mold material (which contains the second component to start the reaction) comes into contact with it, buh bye prop.

Any chemical engineers out there that might know anything about it?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back