Terminator 2 CPU Chip Flask and Holder Metal and Glass

RogueSkynet

This is my custom, screen accurate build for the CPU Chip Flask and Holder from Terminator 2.

Machined aluminium parts and borosilicate glass tube.
4-40 du-bro rods and rubber o-rings.

I still need to paint up a recast of an original chip and create a wall mount similar to how it is presented in the movie.

Here is my progress so far.

image0 (3).jpeg

The parts freshly machined in aluminium, scaled from screenshots along with using a recast chip as reference for all the dimensions. To account for some shrinkage of the recast chip I increased dimensions by a few %. I will most likely get the resin chip remade a few percent larger in brass so it is cleaner....and metal. (A few Cyberdyne Systems vault key bodies are in the picture also.)

I had to tap the small holes in the end caps for the du-bro 4-40 rods that the chip will sit on. I then had to cut the rods to size. They are bolted into one endcap and slot into the other so the flask can be dismantled when needed.
image2 (3).jpeg

Main holder parts bolted together.
image3 (1).jpeg

End caps slot nicely into place.
image5.jpeg

image4 (1).jpeg

Time to install the Du-Bro rods and o-rings. A little fact, Du-bro rods were used in production as pistons on the terminator T-800 jaw.
image6.jpeg

image1 (2).jpeg

The glass tube was cut to size, but was slightly too long when I received it. The company cut it 1mm over, this was enough for it not to fit. I had to wet sand the end until it fit perfectly. It probably worked out better as I originally planned for around 0.5mm play. But as I got to fine tune it, it now is exactly the perfect size that it slots in with zero play or slop.

image9.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image10.jpeg

Perfect fit.

image7.jpeg

That is as far as I have got so far.
I will update as I get the wall mount and CPU chip finished.
Check out my other all metal Terminator builds. I have made a metal skull, metal bust and a metal arm.
Thanks for checking out my build!

I know it is probably not accurate to the screen used prop, but I have always wanted to see someone replicate the chip with actual circuit board looking bits between each node. I was planning to use the larger square T2 Cyberdyne ones in my version and scale them to fit, so at least there was something going on in the flat surface the nodes are connected to.

I know it is probably not accurate to the screen used prop, but I have always wanted to see someone replicate the chip with actual circuit board looking bits between each node. I was planning to use the larger square T2 Cyberdyne ones in my version and scale them to fit, so at least there was something going on in the flat surface the nodes are connected to.
The larger processor that Miles Dyson was working on had removable circuit board looking pieces, there was also a prototype chip that was not used that looked like the board inserts to the processor. I guess as the chip that was used is so small it would of been hard to get a lot of detail into it. Although they could have used a larger scale for close ups like they did with the terminator eye.
I am a stickler for accuracy so will end up replicating the screen used one. But it would be cool to make the prototype unused one also.
chip.png

looks So cool! ! gorgeous work. I'm recently working on screen accurate T2 and T5 CPU chip. Cyberdyne Systems Neural network processor is also on my todo list, had removable circuit board. I'm not going to build a whole processor, only build two of them, like the Dyson holds in his hand.
T2 T5 CPU (1).jpg
T2 T5 CPU (2).PNG

T2 T5 CPU (3).PNG

T2 T5 CPU (4).jpg

T2 T5 CPU (5).png

Cyberdyne Systems Neural Net Processor (2).png

Cyberdyne Systems Neural Net Processor (3).png

Cyberdyne Systems Neural Net Processor (6).png

Cyberdyne Systems Neural Net Processor (7).png

looks So cool! ! gorgeous work. I'm recently working on screen accurate T2 and T5 CPU chip. Cyberdyne Systems Neural network processor is also on my todo list, had removable circuit board. I'm not going to build a whole processor, only build two of them, like the Dyson holds in his hand.
View attachment 1701526View attachment 1701528
View attachment 1701529
View attachment 1701530
View attachment 1701531
View attachment 1701532
View attachment 1701534
View attachment 1701539
View attachment 1701545

Great work as always. some nice files there. I will keep an eye out for them.
Thanks for sharing your progress.

Thanks to MakeShiJie for the prototype CPU file, I was able to print, damage and paint one of the CPU chip prototypes, this chip was one of the unused designs that did not make the final cut of the movie.
This is what the prototype chip could have looked like on screen if James Cameron had chosen it. What chip do you prefer?
Next I will paint up a recast of an original chip and also print one of MakeShiJie files of the original chip when available. I will then have a selection to display in the aluminum chip flask.
image0 (4).jpeg
image1 (3).jpeg
image2 (4).jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back