Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

To be honest, the leds are fine in person. its the EL panels which should be brighter.
I found the v3 ankle leds almost the same level brightness as the 9v powered V2 modified ones.
And even the screen used pairs have the same brightness type.

The newer updated leds if they are less brighter will look better in pictures though.

The eye reacts and adjusts to the light from the LEDs very different to what a camera CCD picks up. The camera just blooms out on the LEDs.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is just the lighting, the soles are clear-ish but defo not icy

Mine looked icy in the QC shots but were quite yellow when they arrived. So I do think the ambient light/camera settings have a lot to do with how these look in real life Vs images on the net.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been wearing mine most weekends and haven't noticed them wearing down much yet. The rubber seems almost as strong as the v2s rubber. ß

The tips of the pyramids will wear fast on these. I can feel they are flatter than the other areas of the soles.

Alright,. I've wanted to make this post for a while now. Now, I'm against piracy, copyright infringement, and the selling of counterfeits. However, I put all of those qualms aside for these. I've idolized the Nike Mag ever sense I saw them in BTTF2, and that obsession only grew with the release of the 2011 pairs. You know, I don't think I've ever mentioned this (and I don't know when I would have), but at the time of writing this, I'm actually 16. If you do the math, I was 11 when I first got wind of the Mag. And honestly, I didn't get these just because I'm some sneakerhead that wanted a limited pair of kicks, just to go put them in a closet and sell them 3 years later. I got them because to me, this is more than just a shoe. This, to me, is an icon. A symbol of hope for people that have to live with Parkinson's, that there will one day be a cure. I've had to watch the effects of it firsthand, so I know how bad it can be. I can't tell you how many hours of research and analyzing I've put into the Mag. During free periods, I would be picking apart the patents, and testing to see if I could tell the V2's from the real ones. My original plan was to buy the V2's and mod then, using a blueprint I found from a long time ago on this site. Then, came the V3's, and I was in love :). I waited for a while to see if there would be any changes made, and how other people's orders went. And all the while, I was working, doing yard work, house cleaning, pool cleaning, lumbar work, deck building, ect. It took 7 months until I finally had enough money. And honestly, it was worth it. Every ounce of blood and sweat, and how bad my entire body ached when I came home, and how long I waited... It was all worth it. I never thought I would get to hold these shoes in my hand, and even though they're counterfeits, I don't care. Because after it was all said and done, I had $137 left over, and I donated it all to the MJF foundation. Because even though the money spent on the Mags didn't get donated, I still wanted to do something for the cause that these shoes were made for. So thank you davidjones888 , thank you for making my 5 year fantasy a reality

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, this is my second ever post on TheRPF.... These V3 Mags, is someone selling them with the Nike logo that lights up etc? If so where can I buy them!?

Alright,. I've wanted to make this post for a while now. Now, I'm against piracy, copyright infringement, and the selling of counterfeits. However, I put all of those qualms aside for these. I've idolized the Nike Mag ever sense I saw them in BTTF2, and that obsession only grew with the release of the 2011 pairs. You know, I don't think I've ever mentioned this (and I don't know when I would have), but at the time of writing this, I'm actually 16. If you do the math, I was 11 when I first got wind of the Mag. And honestly, I didn't get these just because I'm some sneakerhead that wanted a limited pair of kicks, just to go put them in a closet and sell them 3 years later. I got them because to me, this is more than just a shoe. This, to me, is an icon. A symbol of hope for people that have to live with Parkinson's, that there will one day be a cure. I've had to watch the effects of it firsthand, so I know how bad it can be. I can't tell you how many hours of research and analyzing I've put into the Mag. During free periods, I would be picking apart the patents, and testing to see if I could tell the V2's from the real ones. My original plan was to buy the V2's and mod then, using a blueprint I found from a long time ago on this site. Then, came the V3's, and I was in love :). I waited for a while to see if there would be any changes made, and how other people's orders went. And all the while, I was working, doing yard work, house cleaning, pool cleaning, lumbar work, deck building, ect. It took 7 months until I finally had enough money. And honestly, it was worth it. Every ounce of blood and sweat, and how bad my entire body ached when I came home, and how long I waited... It was all worth it. I never thought I would get to hold these shoes in my hand, and even though they're counterfeits, I don't care. Because after it was all said and done, I had $137 left over, and I donated it all to the MJF foundation. Because even though the money spent on the Mags didn't get donated, I still wanted to do something for the cause that these shoes were made for. So thank you @davidjones888 , thank you for making my 5 year fantasy a reality

Welcome to the club, we obsess over these magical movie shoes too. It sure can get obsessive at times!

@AjiPro great story bro. Good for you for working to get these. I can easily share your obsession and I was 16 when I saw these shoes in 1989....so I've been obsessing over these for a lot longer. Lol.

Yes, similar story here. I was 18 and frustrated for years that NIKE would not release them or something even close. Then in 2010, I was able to get my first pair or replica MAGs from Mark Poon (via Jedifyfe).

I just had to replace an EL panel in my wear pair that delaminated itself. Be careful guys. These are some cheap EL panels

IMG_5664.JPGIMG_5665.JPGIMG_5666.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back