Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Personally, I think that the author might be reading too much into these "code names". If his info is correct about the names of the characters I suspect that it's more internal Lucasfilms code names than in universe code names, it wouldn't be the first time that a Star Wars production has used code names before, Blue Harvest ring any bells?

Personally, I think that the author might be reading too much into these "code names". If his info is correct about the names of the characters I suspect that it's more internal Lucasfilms code names than in universe code names, it wouldn't be the first time that a Star Wars production has used code names before, Blue Harvest ring any bells?

I didn't get the impression he is suggesting those are the actual character names. Those are internal names to keep character identities a secret.

I didn't get the impression he is suggesting those are the actual character names. Those are internal names to keep character identities a secret.

You're right, I didn't read the last paragraph thoroughly where he says that he doesn't think that the code names are indicative of a backstory.

It doesn't have to make total sense, but it should make some sense. Now if, Rogue 1 is the ship - and someone aboard 'it' stole the plans, then it crashes, then it makes sense. I just can't think of a reason the imperials would stick the plans on a ship. If you're a contractor or something, you come aboard, we show you the plans, you then leave - without the plans.

I didn't say it would be occupied by the imperials. There's information leaked that suggests the rebel characters will infiltrate an imperial base disguised.

But by your logic, then why in ANH didn't they just blow up Tantive IV instead of trying to board it and find the plans if they were so sure that the Rebel crusier had them on board?

We certainly wouldn't have the entire saga if Vader did blow up Tantive IV....

I didn't say it would be occupied by the imperials. There's information leaked that suggests the rebel characters will infiltrate an imperial base disguised.

But by your logic, then why in ANH didn't they just blow up Tantive IV instead of trying to board it and find the plans if they were so sure that the Rebel crusier had them on board?

Vader was concerned the plans sent to the ship may have been shared with others perhaps and he wanted to question everyone. "Bring me the passengers, I want them alive!"

There is that aspect to ANH. However, they kind of answer it in the movie. "This is a consular's ship...." etc, etc. Leia believes the senate would throw a hissy fit just because they boarded the ship, it'd likely start a much bigger fight if they just blew it up.

I was just talking up the Rogue 1 being a ship bit. Don't see how it fits in that the plans would be on that ship and both sides are fighting to get it. That was the post i responded to at any rate. I could see the ship they use to get in the base (and then out) being Rogue 1...

There is that aspect to ANH. However, they kind of answer it in the movie. "This is a consular's ship...." etc, etc. Leia believes the senate would throw a hissy fit just because they boarded the ship, it'd likely start a much bigger fight if they just blew it up.

I was just talking up the Rogue 1 being a ship bit. Don't see how it fits in that the plans would be on that ship and both sides are fighting to get it. That was the post i responded to at any rate. I could see the ship they use to get in the base (and then out) being Rogue 1...

That was the basis of the discussion this entire time; they steal the plans, make it out, but get tracked down, shot down

I'm a bit upset they're changing cannon for it, since Kyle Katarn is the original character to retrieve the plans

Right. I think the final explanation was that all of those stories were true, but they all only captured parts of the plans. I just hope in the movie, the Rebels capture them, not bounty hunters or Imperial defectors.

I dont' think DF was ever canon (not cannon! :) ) - if anything it was just EU which was only within itself.

If I'm not mistaken, with the exception of The Force Unleashed, none of the video games were ever considered to be canon, not even KotOR or ToR despite being set centuries before even the PT.

I dont' think DF was ever canon (not cannon! :) ) - if anything it was just EU which was only within itself.

It wasn't. If you were referring to what I posted, I just meant that as far as the old EU, they tied all the stories of stealing the plans into everyone getting one piece of the puzzle. It was sort of a retcon to justify all the stories.

Yeah, also really want Kyle Katarn to be canon. I love those games. I picked up Jedi Outcast a few weeks ago, finished it last weekend and am now more than halfway through Jedi Academy now.

I just hope in the movie, the Rebels capture them, not bounty hunters or Imperial defectors.
Many Rebels are Imperial defectors ...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back