Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I love SW too. I have not labeled anyone a hater. Every movie in the history of the world, until the last one ever made before we all leave this Earth, will have its fans and critics, lover and haters, etc. No movie will ever, ever, please all the fans. But, that's we all are fans, and we all have our opinions and expectations.

Many of the "haters" aren't posting "this suck" - but, they're also being rational and explaining what they don't like.

Which is fine, IMO. But if you say something you don't like, such as the fact that ST aren't clones, and suggest based on that the film suffers from lazy story telling, well that's absurd. Surely you can understand that.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of the music, was it original pieces for this movie or was it taken from earlier SW films?

I believe original.

I did some frame grab enhancement.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/12377578@N07/

15900084795_c83c200708_b.jpg

15874274086_7222cff9fc_b.jpg

15874274106_1f154a6064_b.jpg

15277825514_fb80e3c0b4_b.jpg

I totally agree with you...The best 88 seconds of my life!

Episode VII (and the following VIII and IX) will be simply A-WE-SO-ME! I'm totally sure about it, 100%. I can't wait to see the full movie and get the Stormtrooper armor. :rolleyes

Sadly, Beachball R2 turns out to be the hero. Together with Jar-Jar, he thwarts Evil Luke Skywalker's plan to build another Death Star.

IF the saber is an ancient sith relic... Then yeah, it's a great design. A big ass broadsword. I have zero problem. It looks like it would even weigh more than a "modern" lightsaber. Hammil has said George used to tell them they had to hold with two hand because they were supposed to be heavy...

And lens flare will happen. There was nothing excessive. All good.

I think it looks good, if not great, which I'm stoked about, because what's going to count in the end is story and jj is an amazing writer/storyteller. Can't wait.

STAR WARS is lightsabers and bad guys in black capes and Stormtroopers and X-wings and the Falcon fighting TIE's, pretty much everything this teaser gives us a glimpse of. The idea that STAR WARS is this huge universe and should be explored beyond that is the provenance of novels and comics and TV and maybe spinoff films. Cinematic STAR WARS should always deliver on the basic tenants that have always informed the movie saga.

Not liking what I'm seeing of the trooper rifles. Oh well.
I'm with you on that one. Looks like their out of the toy shop. I'd like to have seen an old E-11/Sterling, but this time get to seem them get unfolded.

saw the trailer first thing this morning around 10:16 am while in florida at my sister's for thanksgiving... watched it 5 times just before I hit the road to come back home. just got in about 20 minutes ago so now able to comment and catch up on posts.

My views: I CRAPPED MY PANTS! :D

love it! ALL! really excited and for a teaser it really showed a lot! very pleased with what I have seen so far and the Falcon chase is just so damned exciting!!!!

now, back to my regularly scheduled inter webs surfing... :p

Inevitably...

I love the roly poly droid! there are so many variations on droids... you know Disney wanted a new and unique droid that kids will fall in love with and be something a bit more modern (to our point of view) something more technically advanced than the tripod rolling chunk of droid that R2 is... this new guy is really cool.. and remember even back in 1975 Ralph McQuarrie designed a concept R2 that rolled on a ball so its not out of the realm of what SW was thinking.. they just couldn't pull it off back in the day so the idea was axed.

1411126206553_wps_31_Images_in_Showbiz_of_orig.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back