ESB and ROTJ stunt light saber blade source

Not to necro thread here, but I've been putting some time into thinking about possible explanations for the two additional holes seen in the ESB Boba Fett blaster's MPP flash tube. A feature which is unseen on any other MPP to date as far as I know.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Hallway-07.jpg

Does anyone know how they kept the blades locked in the hilt on these stunt sabers?
My thinking is that this flash tube could have come from a spare, or failed attempt at a stunt saber, and that the two holes are from small set screws that would have installed in the MPP cap by the crew that would have held the blade in

Last edited:
I thought at some point there was something at the end of the barrel, a plug or maybe the MPP guts. Maybe they fastened the barrel plug with 2 screws from the bottom to make them less visible?

I thought at some point there was something at the end of the barrel, a plug or maybe the MPP guts. Maybe they fastened the barrel plug with 2 screws from the bottom to make them less visible?

Nah, some people just put the plug/guts on there builds cause they like how it looks or something.. but at no point during filming of ESB was there anything in the barrel of the actual prop

I know this thread was started by.... him... but the Classic SW posted another nicer res photo. This is the stunt saber I believe is on the cover of the ESB Making of book!

bladedstunt.jpg click for the full thing! (still can't see the attachment, but I'm assuming its mounted beneath the bulb socket, closer to the clamp.

Did anything come of this thread?

Were German surplus tank antennas confirmed to the "blades" in ESB/ROTJ?

I am looking to create a Luke ESB stunt dueling blade in the very near future and would love to see if this was nailed down.

The interesting thing I am noting, in researching WWII and Vietnam era military aerials, is that many of them have had a metal (appears to be brass in most cases) core coated with fiberglass. These things were designed to take a beating in the field and would likely have held up to the abuse of being used as stunt blades. They also have the tapered shape seen in the behind the scenes photos.

Last edited:
Not to necro thread here, but I've been putting some time into thinking about possible explanations for the two additional holes seen in the ESB Boba Fett blaster's MPP flash tube. A feature which is unseen on any other MPP to date as far as I know.

View attachment 716917

Does anyone know how they kept the blades locked in the hilt on these stunt sabers?
My thinking is that this flash tube could have come from a spare, or failed attempt at a stunt saber, and that the two holes are from small set screws that would have installed in the MPP cap by the crew that would have held the blade in

nevermind...ignore post.

Hi friends I need information about Nick Gillard and his participation in ROTJ everywhere I find the reference that it was going to be double trick of Mark Hamill I can not find more information or images
I know the double was Colin Skeaping. I'm doing a retrospective of Nick and I need to confirm that information
Thanks

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back