Calling All Modelers / Master Model Maker

.... They really aren't using miniatures much anymore.
I don't see how they can guarantee that the winner will build models for a major production, unless it's in the art department. However, I'd watch Kari Byron read the newspaper.

and there you are  Jon!
Sure you're unfortunately but probably right!

I sent an email to the potential producer.
I'll let you know in this thread as soon as I get an answer...

I got an answer from the studios.
Unfortunately no broadcaster got any interest in the show. Most of them think the market for this show is too small.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't understand what you mean Xeno

The RPF creating it's own webseries about modelmakers, or challenge for the best modelmakers,
I would watch that or even participate, I think I give could some a run for their money, with around 33 years as a modelmaker :)

Perhaps a proposal to the Tested group would be in order. Of course I'd imagine since Kari was involved they may already be familiar with it and/or can't do anything with the project due to some legal stuffs. But surely something similar would be right in Adam's wheelhouse and would be great to watch. I only know him by name, anyone that's buddies could maybe poke his ears some? Just a thought.

Bill

Are you asking what about WETA or do I work at WETA? The former, yes they have built some beautiful miniatures in the past and a few recently, Thunderbirds, Blade Runner 2049, but they aren't building that many miniatures for film anymore, sadly (although I did build miniatures for a movie this past summer). As for the latter, no I'm based in L.A. so no WETA for me, although I wouldn't be opposed to flying down there for a job.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back