Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Totally

Kylo: Had great parents, cool uncles (I'm including Chewie) and lots of opportunities. Result? Spoilt, entitled, "you don't understand my pain!", man-baby.
Rey: Parents abandoned her, grew up alone, had to scavenge scrap for food and probably had to fight off unwanted attention from the guys. Result? Happy, friendly "hey a droid! let me help you!" optimist.

Kylo, by the dialogue in the movie had ****ty parents... that effectively abandoned him to go about doing what they were good at. And there isn't any background narrative that supports the cool uncles theory, or the opportunities, for that matter.

However, entitled he most definitely is. He believes that he has a right to his Grandfather's mission. He's also extremely arrogant, as noted in his fighting and dealing with Rey, and going against his orders. All of those things add a level of complexity that I respect. And the arrogance is just the nature of the dark side.

Possible spoiler pic and thoughts inside.

Image of Mark and Carrie on set of Ep VIII here.

Though the site says these are their actual costumes, at least for Mark it could be his costume covered by the customary robe to hide it from the press. But the important part for me is that it is heartening that, if they are sitting together in costume, it likely means they appear in a scene together – which means we get to see Luke and Leia together one last time, allaying the fear that the filmmakers had been holding that for Ep IX.

Some of the people in here calling Kylo whiny is the purest form of irony.

Also, I still haven't seen the whiny aspect. I see uninhibited anger and an internal struggle. But the only time he is downright emotional and grieving about his struggle is when he is about to kill her dad... which is probably a fair time to feel a bit emotional about that internal struggle.

Now I only saw TFA once, but I'm pretty sure he had a hissy fit where you used his lightsaber to cut apart a bunch of computer consoles.

I'll give you that that's just a concept, and I'll give them points for attempting to actually design a new fighter in this movie. However it's no where near as cool as the TIE Advanced/Avenger, a design Lucasfilm already owns, which looks like a direct advancement of Vader's TIE technology.

nDFSqis.jpg

I wonder what kind of piloting skills kylo has.... his grand father was the best pilot in the whole galaxy, his father the fastest pilot in the galaxy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... Why are we going to have to wait SOO long to get a teaser... Let alone the name of episode 8?

Ep7 had its title announced on Nov 6, 2014!

If ep8 has had an official title for over a year, can they not throw us a fricken bone here?

So... Why are we going to have to wait SOO long to get a teaser... Let alone the name of episode 8?

Ep7 had its title announced on Nov 6, 2014!

If ep8 has had an official title for over a year, can they not throw us a fricken bone here?

Celebration. Title and teaser. TFA was a different marketing consideration, with this film they are using a more normalized release schedule although they likely wanted to get Rigue One out of the way. And since they have the luxury of a Celebration, might as well leverage that for the announcement.

Normalized release schedule? Many films have a teaser a year before release.

i understand the teaser being shown at celebration.... But it would be nice to get the title a little sooner.

Oh well I guess.

They will tease it at SWC, but i would bet they release the title before SWC, or maybe it will "leak".

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back