Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

I also saw many more visual throwbacks. My favorite is the small Death Star power center interior (the part they shot in the interior of the DS at the end of Jedi) cleverly shown in a scene with Rey
If you're referring to the corridor Rey is running through during her vision, I believe it was meant to be the Cloud City corridor, not the Death Star 2, as the lightsaber has no connection to it.

And C-3P0 seemed fatter too. I guess Daniels has put on weight over the past 30 years. Ruined the movie for me. Actually, it was the prequel-esque jokes he made about the red arm. Stop hitting me over the head with it! I see your arm is different! And he even made 2 separate points about it. Pretty bad.

What a drag!

Still loved the movie, however.

And yeah, I'm sure the Rey vision was Bespin and Yoda's cave vision for Luke. That's how I saw it, anyway.

The center parts of this
DeathStar2Core.png

are cleverly in a shot with her and I never said in her vision. Its scaled down. Thats all Im gonna say. Lets see if anyone else noticed it.

Re: Star Wars TFA - How much they got paid **SPOILERS**

I find it funny if Chewie didn't do it another movie before it's not Chewie-esque, He did things in each movie that he didn't do in another. lol. We got people obsessing over every little movement now. Man I could never enjoy anything, as OCD as I already am, I am not that far yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how Anthony Daniels looked any fatter. I've seen pics of him in street clothes during the time and he's looks the same size.

And C-3P0 seemed fatter too. I guess Daniels has put on weight over the past 30 years. Ruined the movie for me. Actually, it was the prequel-esque jokes he made about the red arm. Stop hitting me over the head with it! I see your arm is different! And he even made 2 separate points about it. Pretty bad.

What a drag!

Still loved the movie, however.

And yeah, I'm sure the Rey vision was Bespin and Yoda's cave vision for Luke. That's how I saw it, anyway.

For what is worth he did have his gold arm back in the final shot I specifically focused on it to make sure I saw it right yesterday (on my 5 the viewing )I had to go back with a friend to watch in 3D again it makes me think or hope rather there is a reason for it to be mentioned in the movie so blatantly other than to remind us how annoying C3P0 is supposed to be !

Last edited:
It was so obvious it was not Peter. I don't think he even attempted to mimic his unique stance or gait. Terrible.

The Wook

No offense to Mr. Mayhew, but literally any halfway competent tall guy can shuffle around and shake his head and be Chewie. It's not like PM was chosen for his acting chops. He was a tall dude. It's sweet that they're using him when they can, but the mask is what matters, not the performer under it (again, assuming he can take direction or act at ALL).

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars TFA - How much they got paid **SPOILERS**

I find it funny if Chewie didn't do it another movie before it's not Chewie-esque, He did things in each movie that he didn't do in another. lol. We got people obsessing over every little movement now. Man I could never enjoy anything, as OCD as I already am, I am not that far yet.

It wasn't just that look he gave Rey that was out of character. Almost everything he did in TFA was out of character. Totally lame.

The Wook

ps~and to cayman shen, I could not disagree more.

A co-worker without any prompting on my part remarked it was so much like the original he knew what was going to happen.
Thought it was just ok. He was a younger person too, not a jaded ol SOB like me.

If they had just had a little courage.

If if if.

The only difference in 3PO I noticed was his voice (actually, it started with TPM). So much higher-pitched than the OT. Not sure why he just didn't do it the way he did in the OT. His voice hasn't changed that much since 1983.

The only difference in 3PO I noticed was his voice (actually, it started with TPM). So much higher-pitched than the OT. Not sure why he just didn't do it the way he did in the OT. His voice hasn't changed that much since 1983.
i suspect what you are hearing is the difference between oldschool analog tape and the digital way it's done now.

For one thing, the shinier the costume is, the thinner it looks. It's an optical illusion or whatever. It's not all that shiny this time, so...

But also, look at this:
View attachment 571189
He does look a little stout in this pic. But see how the torso isn't hanging straight down the body? How it's kind of pushed to his right, like it's pressed up against Tony's left side but a big gap on his right? That is giving it the appearance of more torso width because the extended side is the side we see.

I wonder if this pic isn't an aberration and that was happening a lot this time for some reason. Up to now, the legs would hang from the torso (the thick sliver-gray "wires" on either side of his belly in ANH were actually stiff solid metal hangers for this purpose). This arrangement was to keep the thighs up, but the weight of them would also serve to keep the torso straight. Since that isn't happening in this pic, I wonder if a different system is being used now.

It wasn't just that look he gave Rey that was out of character. Almost everything he did in TFA was out of character. Totally lame.

The Wook

ps~and to cayman shen, I could not disagree more.
Sadly, I agree. Even in the scenes when I suspected it was Mayhew (i.e., not much physical movement) that old "familiarity" with the character just wasn't there. And whoever it was that doubled for Mayhew, I didn't see any attempts made whatsoever to mimic Mayhew's body language.

Also, regardless of the fact that the original mask didn't have much articulation, Mayhew managed to emote through it by use of certain head movements, and that was also lacking in The Force Awakens. Except for a passing resemblance, the Chewbacca I remember from the Original Trilogy movies wasn't present in this one.

Sadly, I agree. Even in the scenes when I suspected it was Mayhew (i.e., not much physical movement) that old "familiarity" with the character just wasn't there. And whoever it was that doubled for Mayhew, I didn't see any attempts made whatsoever to mimic Mayhew's body language.

Also, regardless of the fact that the original mask didn't have much articulation, Mayhew managed to emote through it by use of certain head movements, and that was also lacking in The Force Awakens. Except for a passing resemblance, the Chewbacca I remember from the Original Trilogy movies wasn't present in this one.

Quoted For Truth!

You guys should listen to Zombie, he knows the score.

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back