11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver (Mostly) scratch build.

This is the next prop I want to make. If it's possible to make any of the high res photos and measurements you have available I'd greatly appreciate it.

What is anakinstarkiller's email? and can i just ask wut the specs for the sonic screwdriver are, on here? i want to make on, seeing as i take a machining technology course at a local community college,of which i have access to: 7 lathes,10 milling machines,6 grinders,2 drill presses,CNC lathe(not yet tho : [ ),CNC mill(still not there in the course yet), and a CAD
program called MasterCam. ;) hi btw!! im new : )

Here is what I used to make 2 (well if I ever get time to finish them:lol). You might want to pick up 2 feet of the 1' copper round (no room for error otherwise).

OnlineMetals.com

1 piece @ $47.92/piece
Copper 145 H02
Round
1"
Cut to: 12"
-------------------------------------------------
1 piece @ $67.26/piece
Copper 145 H02
Round
1.25"
Cut to: 10-12" random length
-------------------------------------------------
1 piece @ $36.68/piece
Copper 145 H02
Round
0.875"
Cut to: 12"

I don't know, he is likely busy. Be patient, a lot of us do this stuff when ever we get time.

haha, I meant the steel and any aluminum,plastic and whatever that green stuff is. XD
There is no steel, the aluminum and copper are listed above. Here is what I used for plastics.

Handle Material:
www.delviesplastics.com
1125_Colored_Cast_Rod_U1.125" (1-1/8") Dia. Colored Acrylic Rod Unpolished 1 $44.00 $44.00

Green Plastic:
We used pen green blank material. They are a bit hit and miss. The color and the swirl pattern vary a lot so you may want to get a few and pick the one that looks the best once machined (Make sure to take small cuts and turn it slow, it sort of shatters otherwise).
Amazon.com: Legacy Acrylic Pen Blank - Assorted - 20 Pack: Home Improvement

sweet! thanks, I'll probably use steel,brass,white plastic. And for the green stuff, i'll find some sort of clear green glass, or swirly green plastic and cut that, I'm not going to go all-out,
I just want to focus on getting this machined, so then I can put the electronics together. I found 'real-working sonic screwdriver' on Instructables.com, and i'm going to make that, and add other arduino projects to it, like bluetooth, wifi, and heating ( for lighting candles and such ) capabilities. ;)

Cheers!

-Atlas

P.S. thanks for the reply, i'm sorry, but i'm kinda getting impatient : /

I think this should do it. The angle is a bit closer to 30deg

Attachments

• prongs.png
    prongs.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 335
OK, whatever. . .smarty pants XD the truth comes out! nice blueprint, best part is, it's actually blue! : ) tell anakin starkiller i'm still here, watching the forum if he needs to know.

Cheers!

-Atlas

I would kill for one of those!! You sir, have done a fantastic job recreating Matt's sonic screwdriver. I'm sad you're not going to do a run of this. I would throw money at it so fast.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back