Captain America Suit: Avengers 2 - Reverence and building thread

Check out Gray Matter's build for an off the shelf option on the gloves and the boots have leggings to alter the look but the base is Magnum Mach 1s.

Check out Gray Matter's build for an off the shelf option on the gloves and the boots have leggings to alter the look but the base is Magnum Mach 1s.

Can you be a bit more specific, that'd be a real help. I made mine, but it's always good to have options.

Yep, and if you look at the inside of the shield on some of these pics ... NO STRAPS. Very interesting!

I have a friend that does story boarding in the same office as this production, but is on different projects. He made a comment, about a year ago, what I thought about Cap's Shield going magnetic... I guess that is what he was talking about. (Both hands and forearms have the shield attachment.)

It very well could just be a stunt shield that attaches to his back. IIRC those shields don't have straps since they're only used in the shots where the shield is on his back.

If you look closely at the stunt double pics you will find two identical rectangular attachments on the forearm and knuckle area of each arm. I would put money on magnetic or high tech handle system. If that is the case, using the shield would be difficult while out of uniform.

Anyone on here think they wanna take a stab at doing a run of those gloves and boot covers once we get better ref pics? I have a decent handle on where to source the rest of the suit but I'm at a loss on where to get those 2 components. Boot covers should actually be easy, it's those gloves that worry me.

I've been wearing my boots the last few days. Magnum has now replaced the Mach 1 with the Mach 2 model. For those who haven't bought any yet, you might want to get on it before they become impossible to find.
A5D7C41B-C2E7-454A-957C-0AE2F421C907_zpssuvr6oda.jpg

Time for some gaiters!

So did we ever decide if the shoes were the 5-inch or the 8-inch? Looking into getting these shoes and would like some clarification.

Aeric

So did we ever decide if the shoes were the 5-inch or the 8-inch? Looking into getting these shoes and would like some clarification.

Aeric

You can probably get away with either, it looks like the gaiters go higher than the 8.0 boots anyway. I'm going to go with the 8.0 for my setup, that way I can tuck my pants in. I don't think the gaiters will do a good enough job keeping the pants cuffs in. If you get foot straps for the pants you can probably get away with the 5.0.

View attachment 354398
Heres the front of that shield. It was featured in the Age of Ultron Footage...Intense!

It's pictures like this that make me really indecisive about how I want to make/paint my shield. I want to go with the Age of Ultron costume, but I love the shinier look of the First Avenger shield. I'm leaning toward sacrificing screen accuracy for the TFA shield. But back to the shattered shield, oh man, is AoU gonna be good.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back