Captain America Suit: Avengers 2 - Reverence and building thread

Seeing the shield shattered makes me a sad panda...it should be unbreakable! I'm sure the movie will be great, but breaking the shield...it will make me as sad as seeing the Tumbler wreck in The Dark Knight.

I've been wearing my boots the last few days. Magnum has now replaced the Mach 1 with the Mach 2 model. For those who haven't bought any yet, you might want to get on it before they become impossible to find.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l255/pinder91/A5D7C41B-C2E7-454A-957C-0AE2F421C907_zpssuvr6oda.jpg

Time for some gaiters!
So how do these boots fit? I'm reading reviews that indicate they run kind of narrow.
Trying to decide on regular width or wide...

Seeing the shield shattered makes me a sad panda...it should be unbreakable! I'm sure the movie will be great, but breaking the shield...it will make me as sad as seeing the Tumbler wreck in The Dark Knight.

Me too! Unbreakable means unbreakable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how do these boots fit? I'm reading reviews that indicate they run kind of narrow.
Trying to decide on regular width or wide...

I'd say they fit about the same as your average running shoe. I buy the same size in mostly everything and I've had no problems with these.

I'd say they fit about the same as your average running shoe. I buy the same size in mostly everything and I've had no problems with these.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I went ahead and ordered a pair last night. Decided to get these instead of the crappy Wal-Mart knockoffs cause I figure I can use these at work too.

Does this mean no more handles? And those metal bits on the gauntlets really are to hold the shield on? I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this or not. I guess I'll get used to it and end up preferring it to handles.

The new brackets look like they still have handles but now they're metal and they swing out. I'm guessing it's designed so only 1 handle swings out for the hand and the new interlocking bit on the knuckle attaches into that slot, while the forearm only uses the interlocking bit and doesn't go through that side's handle. Saves Cap a teeny little bit more time and I'm assuming there's some sort of electro-magnetic lock with those glove bits to make the shield really stick on his arm.

Cool upgrade I suppose but not sure I'd want another shield replica just for that revision, maybe the Hot Toys figure with this shield will be enough for me. I'm sure from a cosplay perspective a wearable version of this bracket system can be accomplished, but probably more headache than it's worth. Somehow I doubt even the set props are using this bracket system, wouldn't be surprised if it's just the normal leather handles when the shield's back isn't showing.

For those hoping UDR gets back into the Marvel game and comes out with this suit one day, this was posted on their FB page:

With SDCC now behind us it's time to address some rumors....and one that's really making waves is that MARVEL's licensing team met with David in our booth.
For the record that's not exactly true....

...because they met twice.

While very informal, this is still very exciting....who here agrees?
- UDR

:thumbsup
Get 'er done David!

Last edited:
That would be AWESOME!!!!
I need to start saving now. I'm not making the same mistake I did with the TFA suit. Ie. waiting til after the fact and then having to track down the pieces individually. Still can't find the damn gloves!

I would be so pleased if UD did that. Hopefully not in full leather though, I think synthetics would make a much better match. Plus I already own leathers for my bike, I need something more breathable for summer.

This thread needs more pics. I just noticed the webbing that was added to the harness is also on the belt pouches. Maybe it's the same webbing the chin strap is made from.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

Last edited:
I would be so pleased if UD did that. Hopefully not in full leather though, I think synthetics would make a much better match. Plus I already own leathers for my bike, I need something more breathable for summer.

i agree the full leather suit would not work
now a star lord jacket from ud would be dope

I've got a helmet crafted out of Foam but when I tried to plasti dip it, it came out really rough looking, can anyone help me out, is there a particular way to make it look smooth and what not? Do you sand the foam first or what?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back