Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

I thought the story for the PCR stormie went they cast the left side of a screen used hero and then flipped it for the right side to give it symmetry. I could be wrong though...

Yes, I hope It's much more lightweight than the Rubies supreme. I wear that baby on Halloweens and it feels like I have an iron maiden strapped to my head. I'm modding that one to be a better ROTS, but it's still torture to wear at length. I know I'll get sucked in to being Vader in the legion, but I'll need to be somewhat comfortable. It's hot and uncomfortable enough as a stormie.

And here it is. It's pretty much what I expected..GLORIOUS!!! But as usual, EFX leaves it up to you to create the best inner head-gear.
13275300_10153933679324823_1517684522_o.jpg13275555_10153933679694823_1828048144_o.jpg

I don't know....there's something that doesn't quite look right with this helmet......i can't put my finger on it....maybe it's just too sharp, too clean, devoid of the details we know and love.....i think it just looks like what it is....a cheap (ish), plastic Vader helmet.

Rich

Well once you are able to put your finger on it, let me know. I like it and it doesn't speak cheap to me at all.
Yes, a paint job or an extreme buffing is going to make a world of a difference. They key is to get that metallic look without the refinements and shines of the ESB and ROTJ helmets. EFX did a great job on this in my opinion. The TK, not so much.

Yeah, no offense to anyone who's getting one of these, but I would be repainting that right away.
That might make it look less authentic. Unless there's a paint that makes it look like dull metal. I feel like a lot of people don't care as much for the raw look of the ANH Which this helmet does very well. Fellow 501st members are urging me to not go crazy with mods, as they like it as is. True ANH helmets are never going to look shiny metallic like ESB or ROTJ. You get "injection molded cheap" in your head and can't unthink it. It works well, but people will no doubt just love to lash out and try to spoil the fun. (especially chaps who spent much, much more money on this grand illusion) That's quite alright.

The problem is that if it's suppose to be ANH version, it's suppose to look gritty and not as pristine, which your received helmet appears as such. The display version posted earlier has a significantly more accurate paint scheme and actually looks more how it's suppose to, and looks much more authentic

To say one is "spoiling the fun" is rather incorrect. If people are looking for an affordable ANH helmet to collect or use otherwise, and EFX, known for their "prop replicas" put one out, then why would one not think it would be a relatively faithful representation of the ANH version helmet? If we wanted clean and shiny, they'd better go with ESB or ROTJ even, not ANH. It's not like people are getting these from Rubies after all

Just because one prefers something to be all new and shiny doesn't make it alright to tell others looking for the correct details, i.e., accurate paintjob, in a replica helmet that they're spoiling for anyone, it means that they're expecting a better standard of accuracy that is not shown in the final product VS the displayed one

There are two version of this helmet, the version that has the more idealized spray painted gunmetal areas, and the more screen accurate version that has brush painted gunmetal areas. Some prefer the more idealized look, some prefer the more screen accurate look. That's why there are options. ;)
The one posted a few posts back was the idealized version.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back