Necronomicon Cover Pics added (Evil Dead 2)

Re: Necronomicon WIP (Evil Dead 2)

Looking fantastic man! Can't wait to see this finished!

In my head I'm picturing what this would look like with an ear on the back cover. I know it wouldn't be accurate as there wasn't an ear on the back cover in ED2, but I just love that little detail from the first book, and the TV show has the ear ( recessed) as well on the new book :)

ash-evil-dead.jpg

Last edited:

Wow, Stieller, that looks fantastic. Just dying (no pun intended) to see how Pete's one turns out...

Is there a proper chronicling of all Necro pages yet? I seem to remember a good breakdown of all the pages seen on screen from a while ago but can't seem to find it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_mp5o0bA2ms1s1imypo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mp5o0bA2ms1s1imypo1_500.gif
    485.7 KB · Views: 2,568

If you can get your hands on the Ultimate Edition Anchor Bay DVD, which to be honest, is pretty difficult, there's an easter egg of one of the camera rolls where Bruce is sitting in the basement, when he finds the Naturom Demonto, and he flicks through it page by page. It was on youtube before, but has since been deleted. I'd post the screen caps here from my DVD, but I'd be afraid in case I'd incur the wrath of someone.

Is there a proper chronicling of all Necro pages yet? I seem to remember a good breakdown of all the pages seen on screen from a while ago but can't seem to find it.1

Do you happen to know if this easter egg is also present on the Book of the Dead edition of the Evil Dead?

Is there a proper chronicling of all Necro pages yet? I seem to remember a good breakdown of all the pages seen on screen from a while ago but can't seem to find it.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=540170&stc=1

If you can get your hands on the Ultimate Edition Anchor Bay DVD, which to be honest, is pretty difficult, there's an easter egg of one of the camera rolls where Bruce is sitting in the basement, when he finds the Naturom Demonto, and he flicks through it page by page. It was on youtube before, but has since been deleted. I'd post the screen caps here from my DVD, but I'd be afraid in case I'd incur the wrath of someone.

I saved that video from youtube, i can see if i can upload it.

- - - Updated - - -

And Here it is
[video]https://youtu.be/dJfZ-iW-OS4[/video]

And that would be it. I wish I had seen it before I had my pages arranged. Now it is too much work to go through all the pages in photoshop again :/

Great! Downloaded it too now to be sure ;). Page order in that video is not the same as seen in the Evil Dead 2, though:

evildead.jpg

Last edited:

Great! Downloaded it too now to be sure ;). Page order in that video is not the same as seen in this screencap, however:

I think the movie prop was not really Bound as a real book, Just several pages put together.

I think the movie prop was not really Bound as a real book, Just several pages put together.
The book from the Evil Dead (the one that is seen in the Easter Egg video) is rather different than the more iconic book from The Evil Dead 2 (the one from Army of Darkness is even more different). I guess they made different pages for both. Or in the best case, re-used some of them but indeed completely ignored the order of the pages from the second book.

That's why it doesn't really matter to me that the pages are in different order. If you watch that video, you can see that one of the pages was used twice in the book.

Ash vs. The Evil Dead..can't wait to see that book. I have a strange feeling that Tom Sullivan's pages might not be in it. And I also wonder will the pages from Evil Dead 2013 be in it. (Some of ye will hate me for this...)

17 days until Halloween.. Halloween.. Halloween... 17 days until Halloween Silver Shamrock...

USIgJ55.gif

@peteskywalker... I do think you should really get a silicone cast of this also. The difference between the latex and silicone is humongous. The silicone cast I did of mine feels awesome. Soft, pliable, and with the way I painted it, it has a little hint of like a, to use another word, a fur-esque feel. Please do a silicone cast man. You will not regret it.

Last edited:

This is how I will make my pages (once I have time to start on it ;) ): I will probably only use the pages from the Book of the Dead editions from the DVD's. I scanned them in high res, then made them greyscale, turned up the contrast, and then replaced parts of the black with red, to mimic the blood the book is supposed to be written in. Here a small example (off course this is in low-res. My actual pages will be much higher resolution.) Left is the original scan, right is the ready-to-print page:

Example.jpg

A similar route to what I did, but unfortunately I didn't have the dvd books, (although I did find all the pics in high res on one site from book 1. A tip though, go on amazon, buy the aged A4 parchment 90gsm and use that as a base for ageing. I've done the white A4 route, stained in tea, and oven dried etc. I've done two now in agedparchment, still tea dyed them etc, and the end result is way better than standard printer paper.

@peteskywalker Looking Good!!!

Heres an update on mine.. almost there
View attachment 539962

Wow awesome work. What method did you use to bind the pages?

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=540170&stc=1

That scene from ED2 is the one I used for the order of thepages. Sat there for a few hours going through it frame by frame :lol

That's why it doesn't really matter to me that the pages are in different order. If you watch that video, you can see that one of the pages was used twice in the book.

Ash vs. The Evil Dead..can't wait to see that book. I have a strange feeling that Tom Sullivan's pages might not be in it. And I also wonder will the pages from Evil Dead 2013 be in it. (Some of ye will hate me for this...)

17 days until Halloween.. Halloween.. Halloween... 17 days until Halloween Silver Shamrock...

@peteskywalker... I do think you should really get a silicone cast of this also. The difference between the latex and silicone is humongous. The silicone cast I did of mine feels awesome. Soft, pliable, and with the way I painted it, it has a little hint of like a, to use another word, a fur-esque feel. Please do a silicone cast man. You will not regret it.
From the pics it looks like the pages from Ash vs ED are tweakedversions of the ED2 book now drawn in blood red.

I would like to get both but sadly I don’t have the funds :(
Once I have some extra cash I will most likely try silicone but I will need to get it done locally as I have read I need to paint it within 48 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow awesome work. What method did you use to bind the pages?

That scene from ED2 is the one I used for the order of thepages. Sat there for a few hours going through it frame by frame :lol

From the pics it looks like the pages from Ash vs ED are tweakedversions of the ED2 book now drawn in blood red.

I would like to get both but sadly I don’t have the funds :(
Once I have some extra cash I will most likely try silicone but I will need to get it done locally as I have read I need to paint it within 48 hours.

I made 14 signatures and bound them with dental floss (cause it's strong and waxed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back