Ant-Man (Post-release)

I'm also looking forward to this in future MCU films. We definitely need more female heroes in the Avengers films.

ogjmw.jpg

Last edited:
OH HELL YES! Antman was FANTASTIC! I'd put it up there with "Iron Man" as how good it was. It wasn't perfect, but it was so great! Rudd and the whole cast shined in it! I'm looking forward to his return in whatever he's in next!

There was ONE thing that was so glaringly annoying. After Scott was knocked out of the helicopter and was climbing back in, how in the hell did the guy unshrink and get the Yellowjacket suit on so quickly? From the editting, it looked like that was a few seconds at best.

I will say that one thing that I found rather irritating was that they severely underplayed how painful it is to get bitten by a bullet ant. They weren't lying when they said it was the most painful there is on the Schmidt Sting Pain Index. They are called bullet ants because the pain of getting bitten is similar to that of getting shot. The pain has been more aptly described as similar to "walking on flaming charcoal with a three inch nail in your heel."

The bullet ant bite reactions shown in the movie are more akin to that of a wasp sting (which rates a 2 on the index). That one guy should not have cried out once and grabbed his neck. He should have been screaming in agony.

http://scienceblogs.com/retrospectacle/2007/05/16/schmidt-pain-index-which-sting/

This is actually one of my favorite Marvel movies. It was completely different than what I expected. I really dig the heist movies so I may have a bias

A lot of times in these movies, and especially Agents of Shield, the crossover mentions feel really forced and name-droppy, but in Ant Man it was very organic and fit right in

Loved it! It was refreshing to see a FUN super hero movie that didn't get all dark and brooding for a change, I left the theater smiling. :cool

A lot of times in these movies, and especially Agents of Shield, the crossover mentions feel really forced and name-droppy, but in Ant Man it was very organic and fit right in
Totally.

That is why I have more faith in this new star wars galaxy. I have the feeling that the crossovers will feel more organic. Mind you, it helps that the star wars films won't be released chronologically.

Loved it! It was refreshing to see a FUN super hero movie that didn't get all dark and brooding for a change, I left the theater smiling. :cool

This is why I've been far more excited about even the least Marvel Studios release than anything DC is showing us so far. At no point in the BsS or Suicide Squad trailers did I get the impression that anyone was legitimately having a good time. Well... except maybe Harley and the Joker and I'm not sure they count since they're both bat**** crazy.

Not sure what has been said, but it is really good, the Pena lip syncing stories are awesome and welcome in future iterations.

Falcon vs. Ant-man was great, too bad Ant-man is OP...

That girl Cassie was amazing as well, funny and cute and we had a good family oriented motivation for second chances.

Just a good film, and yes, better than Ultron in the story department

There was ONE thing that was so glaringly annoying. After Scott was knocked out of the helicopter and was climbing back in, how in the hell did the guy unshrink and get the Yellowjacket suit on so quickly? From the editting, it looked like that was a few seconds at best.

And also when Scott was able to put on the Ant-Man suit in jail in only 6 seconds. I think everyone in the RPF knows that putting on a costume takes way longer than that :lol

And also when Scott was able to put on the Ant-Man suit in jail in only 6 seconds. I think everyone in the RPF knows that putting on a costume takes way longer than that :lol

Been in that situation myself...not only being dressed, but dressing someone else in costume....6 seconds is how long it takes to get it off after walking around in it all day ;)

This movie was wonderfully refreshing. Really, really unique. Every moment was perfect, except a couple of the silly impractical things some have already pointed out, but that's not important. It felt much more like a heist movie than I expected, which I thoroughly enjoyed because who doesn't love a great heist flick? The character development and motivations actually made sense, and I felt that Cross was one of the better Marvel villains due to his somewhat understandable reasoning for doing what he did. It's hilarious, full of heart, makes sense, the cast is fantastic (especially Rudd), the CGI is unbelievable (young Michael Douglas was amazing!), has many really nice connections to the MCU, and is overall one of the best origin films, possibly even better than Iron Man. Also, I think Hank Pym may have taken Stark's spot as my new favorite genius with a super cool lab/workshop.

Some of the most memorable moments for me were the awesome 1989 opening scene, the Cold War rocket Ant-Man/Wasp scene, the Falcon/Ant-Man fight, all the science and tech explanation stuff, and yeah the whole movie. I absolutely love it.

After credit scenes were great as well. The Wasp one was not very surprising, but it was nice to see her suit and I can't wait to see her in it and kicking ass. As for the Civil War one, that one surprised me! It definitely left you hanging and wondering why Cap and Sam can't work with any of the other Avengers other than Tony. Happy to know that Scott will be fighting alongside Cap next year.

It easily takes a spot in my top favorite MCU films. I'm thrilled it was as good I had hoped it to be and I am itching to see it again!

Last edited:
Saw it last night and loved it, seriously Paul Rudd is awesome. For tha tmatter Michael Pena was too, in fact he almost stole the movie imo. A few things did bother me about the film. Also for the people saying the second credit scene about a guy climbing walls, pretty sure they were talking about Ant-Man not Spider-Man like some have speculated (yes I know Spider-Man is in Civil War).

Gripes:

1. Hope's haircut, my god was that bad
2. Darren Cross - all I could think of when I saw him was a young Howie Mandel.
3. Scott & Daren both hold the world record for getting on a suit in seconds. In the jail cell Hank got the suit fully on in 4 seconds...seriously!??!
4. So there was the montage of Hank learning how to use the suit, go small than big while fighting or going through doors, etc... Than Darren puts on the yellow jacket and is a freaking pro in 10 seconds. Knows how to use all the weapons, fly and maneuver like a jet plane.

But other than that I loved the movie

Last edited:
So there was the montage of Hank learning how to use the suit, go small than big while fighting or going through doors, etc... Than Darren puts on the yellow jacket and is a freaking pro in 10 seconds. Knows how to use all the weapons, fly and maneuver like a jet plane.

I'm sure he had done extensive training in the suit full size. It's just the shrinking part he would have had minimal training in.

What bugged me was that Hank and Hope kept telling Cross that the Pym Particles were affecting his brain, but we never see him directly exposed to the formula throughout the movie. I guess Cross may have trained inside the suit and been exposed to it in that sense, but that was a bit of a hole they never explained. I didn't even think they needed to say Cross was acting crazy b/c of the formula, it would've been an easier explanation if he were just plain ol' greedy and being that close to the finish line made him crazier, ala Obadiah Stane.

Definitely lighter fare than AoU, but the thumb was firmly on the fun button for the whole movie and that's a thing I can appreciate. I'll be ready when the blu-ray comes out.

Once again, Marvel's stingers leave me wanting more. How do they do that every time? I just watched an awesome movie, and they're al: "Oh btw, there's even cooler **** coming, just wait."

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back