darth maul 1999 "banned lightsaber"

Was the 1999 hasbro darth maul lightsaber fully collapsible?
If my memory serves me correctly, no. I seem to remember one of my early toy-to-display mods involved cutting the blades out of the holders carefully with an exacto.

If you mean the decent "more to scale" version where the blades only lit up briefly when you hit them against something, the blades were not 100% fully collapsible but the emitters unscrewed easily which allowed you to remove the blades altogether.

If you mean the decent "more to scale" version where the blades only lit up briefly when you hit them against something, the blades were not 100% fully collapsible but the emitters unscrewed easily which allowed you to remove the blades altogether.

Yes, exactly like this. I still have mine.

That's right! I forgot that you could totally remove the blades by unscrewing the emitters. I'm thinking of the Vader and Luke sabers that came out ca. 96. Those blades were tough to remove.

That's right! I forgot that you could totally remove the blades by unscrewing the emitters. I'm thinking of the Vader and Luke sabers that came out ca. 96. Those blades were tough to remove.

Mine weren't. They unscrewed easily as well... unless my Lukes and Vaders were also from '99. *shrugs*

Banging it around caused the long saber body to flex and compromised the internal battery compartment, causing the batteries to explode in a handful of toys.

Kenner offered a battery pack box to put the batteries in to keep them from shorting out.

Banging it around caused the long saber body to flex and compromised the internal battery compartment, causing the batteries to explode in a handful of toys.

Kenner offered a battery pack box to put the batteries in to keep them from shorting out.

Hmm, makes me wish I hadn't donated mine to Goodwi... I mean, good thing I kept mine. *laughs nervously while backing away slowly*

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back