Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Hello friends. First I want to introduce myself, I am a young Spaniard who has been reading this post for a long time, thanks to you I met the MAG V3 and finally I was able to buy them on the web page of martha and david (everyone knows what page is XD) Then I tell you my problem, and I hope and wish that all of you can help me.
I received my MAG V3 at the end of October, at first I was amazed when they came home, had a spectacular quality, thank God my pair had no stains, no glue marks, only had the somewhat yellow non-blue sole, But good for me was not a problem, at the end of December, after using them about 6 times, the lights on the left shoe, started to fail, (I do not understand much or rather nothing about how the shoes work and also not explain technically That happens to him) the sneaker loads perfectly, the loading port is in perfect condition, the panels work, the heel leds also look correctly, the problem comes when I put on my shoes and I walk, every time I hit the shoe It turns off and it has to be re-turned on, and it does not work again, the shoe shines with very little brightness.
I have contacted Martha and the only solution that gives me is that I can send another pair of MAGS for 240 $, something that my humble point of view seems to me exorbitant.
Thanks to IG I have been able to contact @streetveterancustoms, and he has told me that he can solve my problem. What is your opinion? I do not know what to do, I think the treatment that Martha has offered me has not been very fair, on the other hand, does anyone know @streetveterancustoms? Is legit? Lastly, (I'm sorry to be so heavy but I'm really overwhelmed, I've paid $ 500 for something that does not work). Do you think it is better to replace the panels with LEDs? Thank you for everything, and I hope you can help me. a greeting from Spain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird. The upper in this shot appears to be a V3 upper on a V2 sole, but the rubber is lighter. Same ankle buckle etc. How much they asking? Out of all the photos you have attached, this is pick.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=697689&d=1484234030

This shoe however is the V2.1 and NOT THE SAME shoe. Don't pay more than $200 for this one.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=697687&d=1484233955

The bentayga seller version is basically using the V2 soles, heel and white ankle piece, except the soles seem to have a different type splatter and a V3 type paint style.
You are right about the uppers, they have done the finger pull holes seem method as the V3 uppers,except these uppers are like a hybrid V2 and V3. You still have the incorrect seam after 1st lace and thicker elastic laces, but everything else seems better such as the seam going up, the thicker stiffer upper like V3, and fabric like V3.

Since they are both the same price, i'd probably pick this one, as it seems to be a remote control version + EL Strap, so basically its the best version other than the V3.
I believe the On/Off button is even in the collar too, so thats a bonus.
The only one thing that is strange is that the white ankle piece seems to be glued on slightly too low at the back as the top half of back of upper seems a bit too long.
I think this piece is glued on as there is a chargin pin inside the white ankle piece like a V3.

The alex sport one is basically the same V2 as before but with upgraded fabric and toebox.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello friends. First I want to introduce myself, I am a young Spaniard who has been reading this post for a long time, thanks to you I met the MAG V3 and finally I was able to buy them on the web page of martha and david (everyone knows what page is XD) Then I tell you my problem, and I hope and wish that all of you can help me.
I received my MAG V3 at the end of October, at first I was amazed when they came home, had a spectacular quality, thank God my pair had no stains, no glue marks, only had the somewhat yellow non-blue sole, But good for me was not a problem, at the end of December, after using them about 6 times, the lights on the left shoe, started to fail, (I do not understand much or rather nothing about how the shoes work and also not explain technically That happens to him) the sneaker loads perfectly, the loading port is in perfect condition, the panels work, the heel leds also look correctly, the problem comes when I put on my shoes and I walk, every time I hit the shoe It turns off and it has to be re-turned on, and it does not work again, the shoe shines with very little brightness.
I have contacted Martha and the only solution that gives me is that I can send another pair of MAGS for 240 $, something that my humble point of view seems to me exorbitant.
Thanks to IG I have been able to contact @streetveterancustoms, and he has told me that he can solve my problem. What is your opinion? I do not know what to do, I think the treatment that Martha has offered me has not been very fair, on the other hand, does anyone know @streetveterancustoms? Is legit? Lastly, (I'm sorry to be so heavy but I'm really overwhelmed, I've paid $ 500 for something that does not work). Do you think it is better to replace the panels with LEDs? Thank you for everything, and I hope you can help me. a greeting from Spain.

its most likely loose wires. Which lighting is going off? is the sole panels?
if so, then you are not alone. The cables on this panel are prone to loosening and breaking.
You can definitely repair them without having to buy a new pair.

Im in the middle of fixing some V3s so im going to see if the panels can be fixed without having to change them out

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I said a V3 upper is that the pull holes look tuck and glued, not just sewn.

It seems like they've used the V3 material and upper method on a V2 upper template as the seam on the laces is still incorrect, but everything else seems fine.
It even has on/off button in the collars and remote control with EL Strap. The sole lights will be LED though, but for a cheap starter shoe, it seems to a base shoe thats arrived a bit late.
Could have done with some years ago!

I don't know if I would want to pay $$$ to get a shoe that is not right when there is an almost perfect replica already out now . I just don't get why these varients are turning up now when we have been asking for these changes since 2013.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I don't know if I would want to pay $$$ to get a shoe that is not right when there is an almost perfect replica already out now . I just don't get why these varients are turning up now when we have been asking for these changes since 2013.

yes, a bit strange. They have very strange decision making over there with these.

BTW, i wouldn't even get the EL Strap version.

Check out a better view here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nike-Air-...982205?hash=item465c1af8bd:g:QMgAAOSwopRYdYvl

rBVaI1hrW9KAH3wDAANYqUm3RDQ330.jpg
s-l500.jpgs-l500agag.jpgs-l500agagdd.jpgs-l500b.jpgs-l500d.jpgs-l500e.jpg

The elongated top half of upper past the white ankle piece and toecap. Its like a frankenstein hybrid. Lurch from addams family.

I'd only get one as an obscure collectors piece of a knockoff.

Better to stick to V3, unless you are happy with modding.

Nope. Don't like them at all.
2nd last image kind of reminds me of the MP MAG the way the strap is sitting too low. It is a pity they glued it in place.
And that swoosh looks even bigger than the over sized one on the V2s.

Nope. Don't like them at all.
2nd last image kind of reminds me of the MP MAG the way the strap is sitting too low. It is a pity they glued it in place.
And that swoosh looks even bigger than the over sized one on the V2s.

Yep, that's probably why they don't give out full pictures of these grey ones, they mess it up again!

So I wonder how many factories are actually making MAGs and why the same patterns are not being used.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can't get over the size of the SWOOSH. I always said that my Gen1 outrigger kind of helped balance out the parts of the V2 shoe that were too big, but man, even those wouldn't be big enough to offset this. That is so thick.

its most likely loose wires. Which lighting is going off? is the sole panels?
if so, then you are not alone. The cables on this panel are prone to loosening and breaking.
You can definitely repair them without having to buy a new pair.

Im in the middle of fixing some V3s so im going to see if the panels can be fixed without having to change them out
All the lights work correctly, the only thing is that they turn itself off, I guess it will be wiring problem

Last edited:
All the lights work correctly, the only thing is that they turn itself off, I guess it will be wiring problem

If you can get the shoe to turn on, don't put the shoe on...but put your hand in the shoe and push down from the heel going to the middle of the shoe, push hard in with your fingers in different areas...if lights go out the issue is definitely under the sole. If your brave, cut open the insole along the inside of the shoe first. Slowly and carefully because most of the wires are down there, when you have a connection issue like yours that goes out when you walk chances are its in the sole portion.

If you can get the shoe to turn on, don't put the shoe on...but put your hand in the shoe and push down from the heel going to the middle of the shoe, push hard in with your fingers in different areas...if lights go out the issue is definitely under the sole. If your brave, cut open the insole along the inside of the shoe first. Slowly and carefully because most of the wires are down there, when you have a connection issue like yours that goes out when you walk chances are its in the sole portion.

Is there any kind of tutorial on how to do it? It is very difficult to repair? I'm more trashy than a brick, does anyone can help me?

It's been 4 days since my shoes had any movement

Edit: I figured it out. They're being held in a shipping container, and EMS is waiting until that container gets filled before they ship them

Last edited:
I sent the link to a guy in the local Brisbricks lego club as a build challenge.
Love to see what he comes up with... maybe even add lights :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool. I might've posted that in the merchandise thread. Guess how much he charges for ONE shoe? THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS

View attachment 698065
I've seen the price and they are all sold out...... not that I was going to pay that for one lol ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back