Watching Star Wars in order?

Really? I loved it. It was the Vader we always knew existed, but never saw on screen.
You missinterpret what I meant. That was my fault. I LOVED Vader's scene in RO. My dad passed around the time ROTS released and he said the scene he had always wanted to see was Vader chopping through people like crazy. Hince the ending to RO was the scene he always.wanted to see. I don't know why but it kind of hurt me to see it without him.

You missinterpret what I meant. That was my fault. I LOVED Vader's scene in RO. My dad passed around the time ROTS released and he said the scene he had always wanted to see was Vader chopping through people like crazy. Hince the ending to RO was the scene he always.wanted to see. I don't know why but it kind of hurt me to see it without him.
Oh I see what you mean. Your father sounds like a great Dad. :)

Watch them in order: start with ANH and then stop after RotJ.

Everything else, you can watch for laughs (The Holiday Special is something that I hold dear for that very reason). The PT are decent companion pieces but they're not terrible or great films and anything Disney pumps out they're content with it just being mediocre, disposable fluff.

My own opinions on the side, do what you will and find your own conclusions; that's how the rest of us got here.

I would recommend not binge watching all in a row either.
Give some time between, it was three years between OT films after all,
and focus on the films for two hours, not pausing for snacks and
bathroom breaks. Treat them like a theater experience as much as possible.
And it wouldn't hurt to have some words about this was really the first time we saw a used
lived in worn Sci Fi universe not seen before. There is a lot that can be taken for granted
because so much has come since.

Good call, a palate cleanser may be in order so make it a two day event.

Day 1
Episode IV
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Episode V

Day 2
Episode VI
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Episode VII

He was. Thanks brother[emoji106]. For those of you who were on here in the early 2000's he went by PropReplicator. Name was Wayne. Passed away in 2006

Yep i remember him well. i still think about him from time to time. he held a competition where folk would design a robot head based loosely on star wars and he would make it and give it to the winner. very generous guy. dunno if you knew that or not? glad you are here carrying on where he left off.

Yep i remember him well. i still think about him from time to time. he held a competition where folk would design a robot head based loosely on star wars and he would make it and give it to the winner. very generous guy. dunno if you knew that or not? glad you are here carrying on where he left off.
Yeh I loved him. Thanks alot!

At present, I'd say 4-5-6, and then Rogue One. I'd hold off on TFA if only because we don't know where that story is going yet. Might be great, might be disappointing. But R1/4/5/6 tell a complete tale.

Skip the prequels. They're completely extraneous.

I do like the Machete order (4-5, 2-3, 6), because of the reveal in ESB, then showing Anakin's fall before his redemption.

Putting R1 before ANH, for a new viewer, I think would do them a disservice. R1 shows that they KNOW there's a way to destroy the Death Star, leading to an inevitable conclusion in ANH (I mean, we knew it would happen, but not how). Instead, I think R1 should go after ANH.

I also agree with people saying to leave off TFA. Not because it's bad or anything (I enjoyed it), but because it's not a complete story. While most of the movies (like them or hate them) do stand alone fairly well, TFA leaves you hanging even more than ESB at the end. Let them watch it if they're interested/want to, but save it for last and let them decide.

I also agree with the idea to break it up and spread it out. Overload is never good.

A friend of mine has never watched any of the Star Wars films and wants to watch them. What's the best order to
watch them in???
Even if your friend has never watched them, I doubt he hasn't heard "Luke, I am your Father!" somewhere. I seriously doubt there can be very many spoilers for SW that pretty much everyone doesn't know.

But if you want him to actually like the stuff, skip the prequels.

focus on the films for two hours, not pausing for snacks and
bathroom breaks

or checking phones or tablets.
Drives me crazy. You wanted to watch this movie, right? Put the device down!

A while back someone on YT put up a timelapse showing him "watching" a marathon of some series, HP I think. He was looking at his laptop 90% of the time.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back