Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

star-wars-land-at-night-concept-art.jpg

Looking over the hi-res version of that image revealed a neat little detail. There's a lightsaber duel occurring on the roof of one of the buildings! Check it out...

Star-Wars-Land-sml-duel.jpg

Looking over the hi-res version of that image revealed a neat little detail. There's a lightsaber duel occurring on the roof of one of the buildings! Check it out...

View attachment 684526

Thats two kids fighting over a lightsaber because their parents could only afford one after shelling out $500 just to get into the park. I dont know how familys do it.

Thats two kids fighting over a lightsaber because their parents could only afford one after shelling out $500 just to get into the park. I dont know how familys do it.
Boy, you aren't kidding. Years ago my wife and I took a day off of work and went to Disneyland (California) simply because we wanted to. When we got to the ticket booth and found out it would cost us $53 each just to walk through the front gate, we looked at each other and then had a five minute discussion about whether or not we really wanted to spend that much. We decided to proceed because we had already dedicated the day to it, and because we both knew it wasn't ever going to get less expensive. Now that it's a minimum of $95 just for one adult to get in, we'd happily pay $53.

Boy, you aren't kidding. Years ago my wife and I took a day off of work and went to Disneyland (California) simply because we wanted to. When we got to the ticket booth and found out it would cost us $53 each just to walk through the front gate, we looked at each other and then had a five minute discussion about whether or not we really wanted to spend that much. We decided to proceed because we had already dedicated the day to it, and because we both knew it wasn't ever going to get less expensive. Now that it's a minimum of $95 just for one adult to get in, we'd happily pay $53.

I told my kids years ago that I would take them to Dland if they were having a bad day. My then senior year year girl got dumped by her Boyfriend. Next AM, she didnt go to school and said she wanted to go to Dland.....today. Long story short, word spread and I flipped the bill for her and her two friends ( one ditched school with permission and her sister was in college). Boy did we have fun, churros, Burgers at the place by the canoes, enchiladas at the place in Frontier land, mouse ears with our names on them, soaking wet on splash Mtn. Wife didnt have a clue until she came home to an empty house and started making calls.

I go about once a year...just to stay young.

Its Star Wars. In a park. With the Falcon. I am in no matter what the cost and how long the line. And Im perfectly ok with a $47 Coke in a Yoda head glass because there are water fountains everywhere. I'm 10 miles from the park and I cannot wait..lol I also have an 8 year old that dresses up in her Rey costume asking me on the regular "Is it open yet? Is it?"

Its Star Wars. In a park. With the Falcon. I am in no matter what the cost and how long the line. And Im perfectly ok with a $47 Coke in a Yoda head glass because there are water fountains everywhere. I'm 10 miles from the park and I cannot wait..lol I also have an 8 year old that dresses up in her Rey costume asking me on the regular "Is it open yet? Is it?"

So when is SW land officially opening? I heard that they are replacing autopia with a ride on speederbike chase through Endor.

While I like the idea of a SW land, the artwork is not exciting me. If it weren't for the Falcon, I'd never had recognized it as from the SW universe.

I told my kids years ago that I would take them to Dland if they were having a bad day. My then senior year year girl got dumped by her Boyfriend. Next AM, she didnt go to school and said she wanted to go to Dland.....today. Long story short, word spread and I flipped the bill for her and her two friends ( one ditched school with permission and her sister was in college). Boy did we have fun, churros, Burgers at the place by the canoes, enchiladas at the place in Frontier land, mouse ears with our names on them, soaking wet on splash Mtn. Wife didnt have a clue until she came home to an empty house and started making calls.

I go about once a year...just to stay young.
So, what you're really saying is that you made this deal with your kids so you could go to Disneyland. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back