Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Odd that the rod, staff, device, whatever it is, prominently in the foreground in this shot

15898090361_cb5658a8d7_o.jpg

Is completely missing in this shot.

15714315427_05d621310f_o.jpg

WRONG.

Yes, now we can move on. :) Regardless 35 year post ROTJ and the fall of the Empire and their clone making proclivities it would stand to reason an entirely new generation of troops would be human.

Not to stir the pot, but I'm pretty sure that one of the back stories was that the Emperor hated clones after their inefficient failure. The troops in ANH were non-clones because of it IIRC.

Actually what had happened was that after Palpatine rose to be Emperor, he wanted to make sure that the tool he used to secure that power, the Clone Army, would be secure, so he sent in the troops to secure the planet by force of arms and continue to provide clones to fill the Imperial ranks. The Kaminoans eventually grew upset and a secret project was undertaken to create a new Clone Army, this one bred with complete loyalty to Kamino. Before they could rise up and take back the planet, the Empire found out about it and sent in the 501st, commanded by Boba Fett (due to his extensive knowledge of the place). The 501st eliminated the threat in relatively short order, but the damage was done. Palpatine realized that having a single-source DNA template for an army was inefficient and too prone to corruption. The 501st was still staffed exclusively with Jango clones, but variety was instilled throughout the rest of the Imperial Stormtroopers via alternate clone sources and enlistment and holy CRAP I am a nerd...

I won't deny I don't like the lightsaber. But if it is an ancient artifact, then it fits with the look.

Or that speeder she's riding...

It's like the Pruis of speeder bikes...

Odd that the rod, staff, device, whatever it is, prominently in the foreground in this shot

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8590/15898090361_cb5658a8d7_o.jpg

Is completely missing in this shot.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8674/15714315427_05d621310f_o.jpg

Are we 100% sure that these shots are shown in the correct sequential order? She doesn't put her goggles on in the close up and in the wide shot they're on. Could be from two completely different scenes.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8590/15898090361_cb5658a8d7_o.jpg

That looks awfully close to the emitter on Maul's and some Jedi council members' lightsaber emitters.

You guys have gone post happy. I was trying to find the the last post from last night and it's like 10 pages back! :lol

Still not into the troopers (and now their blasters...) and definitely not that new lightsaber with the dumb guards. Still, seeing the X-Wings and Falcon made more more excited than any of the Prequel trailers.

Been geeking out on this all day. First, each and every naysayer here will be in a theater next December to see this! :lol Loved the opening! Sounds like Boyegas character is being hunted by a probe droid! Why?? Why the trooper armor? The roller droid looks like a really fun character itself. Much more efficient than a droid with three legs.

The stormtroopers look way menacing. The design has been growing on me. The E-11 design is still sort of incorporated in their blasters. I see the same looking magazine cover, same looking rear cap, scope is odd looking with shiny chrome parts on it, and the stock/etc looks white...Plus a red counter.

Daisy Ridley looks darn cute! Don't care for the speeder though. At least it sounds like the OT.

The X-wings racing across water... FU$#ing AWESOME! Love the new design!

Oh and my 7 year old son freaked out when he saw the falcon do its thing!

Darkside dude and lightsaber. Looked great to me. Looked like he was hunting. The saber looked "unstable", as in ancient tech. As has been mentioned already, to me also the side flaring looked like ports to exhaust heat.

The Falcon doing a huge barrel roll and being attacked by ties!!! FU$%ING AWESOME!!!!

And we haven't even seen the OT characters yet!!!

I'm old school, hate the PT. This is giving me goosebumps! PLEASE have an awesome story! It already looks dark and intense!

Has anyone else been watching the view count on the MOVIECLIPS SW7 trailer? I've been watching it all day long. The trailer has 10 million views already lol. We're probably 75% of that number lol

It had enough industrial, dirty feel to it (and some good evolution of ships/costumes) for me. I'm thoroughly excited.

About that laser claymore though...um, can someone say unsafe?

Edit: the flame-like cgi on the lightsaber blades was pretty neat.

Someone posted a VERY compelling argument that the saber-wielding person in black in the teaser is Gwendoline Christie...

Here's the argument:

tumblr_inline_nfrl3kdTxp1sa36b9.gif

I can definitely see it.

I dunno, but I can NOT stop watching that guy. He tromps over and jerks that saber off so violently...he's like the Leatherface of Sith Lords. Primal and ferocious. I love the whole body language thing. Hopefully there will be less lightsaber ballet and more down and dirty FIGHTING. Here's my campaign: no backflips in 2015!

Yeah, he just looks pissed and irrationally driven. I'm loving the feeling behind that character and his safety hazard of a weapon. It's very raw. I hope he tromps around all over the place for 3 straight movies. I've seen enough flipping, jumping, and flourishing Sith and Jedi for 6 lifetimes. Give me a raw evil villain... not some acrobat in a black cape.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back