Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

Something I just realized:
Since we're talking about the DS plans, I guess R2 has to be in this movie one way or the other!

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. What automatically indicates R2 "has" to have any role in Rogue One?

This may very well be a cool film but I REALLY wish they would expand the universe. But really, this is more of the same story.

It's star wars episode 3.9 (episode 3.5 is rebels)

If they want real creative freedom, they'll start telling stories within the galaxy but not associated with skywalkers

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This is only the beginning. I'm sure they'll expand the Galaxy with other movies. At the moment so many people want it to feel like home and others want new stuff. You just can't please everyone but in time I'm sure there will be something for everyone's taste. I'm just going to make sure I enjoy the whole ride. So far I'm not at all disappointed.

Ben

This is only the beginning. I'm sure they'll expand the Galaxy with other movies. At the moment so many people want it to feel like home and others want new stuff. You just can't please everyone but in time I'm sure there will be something for everyone's taste. I'm just going to make sure I enjoy the whole ride. So far I'm not at all disappointed.

Ben

and they have other media outlets to tell a lot of those stories.

Ben
I realize that they want us to get us excited but they've really been handed a golden ticket. The galaxy is loved by everyone. They could literally tell any story they wanted in that galaxy and as long as it was good, people would eat it up.

They could do a casablanca story in a cantina between republic and separatist space and they would be gold.

In all honesty, that's where they need to take this. Other stories about other people. Stories of pirates, the banking clan, rogue stormtroopers who become mercenaries...etc.

If they keep connecting the dots with the main story, we're going to get bored fast....and the impact of that story will get lessened. Diluted

I realize that they want us to get us excited but they've really been handed a golden ticket. The galaxy is loved by everyone. They could literally tell any story they wanted in that galaxy and as long as it was good, people would eat it up.

They could do a casablanca story in a cantina between republic and separatist space and they would be gold.

In all honesty, that's where they need to take this. Other stories about other people. Stories of pirates, the banking clan, rogue stormtroopers who become mercenaries...etc.

If they keep connecting the dots with the main story, we're going to get bored fast....and the impact of that story will get lessened. Diluted

Disney needs to resurrect the adult Star Wars drama (a la the Sapranos and Breaking Bad), and can throw in all sorts of different intertwining plot lines like this.

This may very well be a cool film but I REALLY wish they would expand the universe. But really, this is more of the same story.

It's star wars episode 3.9 (episode 3.5 is rebels)

If they want real creative freedom, they'll start telling stories within the galaxy but not associated with skywalkers

Wait, I don't get it.

You don't want them to tell the same old story, the Star Wars story, because it's already been told and it already has it's own movie.

So you want them to do Casablanca, a story that has already been done and already has it's own movie, Casablanca.

I like the idea of a whole new story, with new characters, that happens to tie in with Star Wars right at the end- especially because at this part of the story only Leia and Darth Vader would probably even be in the movie at all. Maybe Tarkin. I'm looking forward to it.

Disney needs to resurrect the adult Star Wars drama (a la the Sapranos and Breaking Bad), and can throw in all sorts of different intertwining plot lines like this.
I'm not sure about that. I don't think they should change the genre. Not by any means. But they should write stories that expand our interests.

Look at Stargate. They wrote some great stories with an ever expanding universe. And they did so without boxing themselves in. However, when they changed the genre with universe there was a horrible backlash

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back