1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Search for "Swing Arm Swivel Chair" on google or call a local institutional supplier. Thanks and good luck!

I tried that - all I get are lamps and flatscreen mounts. I might have to start calling the suppliers... But thanks again for the image. At least I now know they do exist! :)

I'm wondering if the support for the seat could be used to support the respective sides of the front panel, instead of the bracket support?

I'm wondering if the support for the seat could be used to support the respective sides of the front panel, instead of the bracket support?

Hi H,

As it is now, the shelf bracket is already in the way. Unless the instrument panels were somehow connected to the nose panels, the swing arm would definitely be too low and even more in the way. We're going to address this issue with the next console. I'm planning on making the upper and lower instrument panels one single unit/housing. Should be very interesting...

Hi Gang,

No real updates for today. A few of us met at the lab to discuss ways to move forward. Depending on what direction we take, a decision must be made very soon (big changes are coming). Mike has his marching orders with a few important 3D related tasks... this will result in some 2D work for me and ultimately end up with the CNC, laser and vinyl cutters - more on all that to follow! The panel lights look great - I'll upload pics this evening.

I contacted several companies re: the swing-away / pivot arms and both are anxious and willing to help. I also touched base with Daniel, who also has welding experience, and we'll be looking at other options for the seats. And we start moving the cockpit to the lab.

I'm going to disagree with you and say it's actually better than the original. It will for sure be more interactive than the original, and at least in my eyes it's better because I may actually get to see this one in person some day. :)

Hey T,

I just stumbled across your post... Thanks so much! There is a show in the Dallas / Ft Worth area that we're considering attending later this year. We just might have to get you a front row seat!

One thing I know is for certain... Sofa's is WAY better than the "Star Wars Holiday Special" version of the cockpit! :D As far as that particular "original" is concerned, yes, this one is much better. If Sofa puts some floor grate panels in that are close to the movie original, then I will give him an upgrade. :D

Hey T,

I think we should switch gears, start over and recreate the "Star Wars Holiday Special" cockpit... That would be a good idea... right?

Hi Gang,

As promised, here are the pics of the panel lights...

20140326_195330_zps7c45e609.jpg

20140326_195336_zpsc8275770.jpg

I wasn't happy with how the white panel light turned out. I'm going to take a new lens and add the rings to the back and see how that looks
20140326_213522_zps19357513.jpg

20140326_213524_zpsa669cafb.jpg

Awesome! They add one more level of detail to the console
20140327_173758_zpse5ff860b.jpg

20140327_173807_zps4c0229e8.jpg

20140327_173824_zpsb8e380b3.jpg

More to Come!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back