The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Put it in a mounted vice and hit it with a hammer or mallet. Thats what i did. worked great!

- - - Updated - - -

keep2.jpg
You have failed this city!

Like in Yao Fei? The one who saved him on the island?

If you're referring to Oliver's Mandarin tattoo, I believe so, but we have yet to receive an explanation on what that particular tattoo means in the show. He did say, however, that he thought they would be exploring the "Shado dragon" tattoo this season.

as you can see in this image from episode 19 unfinished business oliver does have that gap in his glove just like the 5.11 tactical gloves that were recomended here is the pic Photo 1.jpg

as you can see in this image from episode 19 unfinished business oliver does have that gap in his glove just like the 5.11 tactical gloves that were recomended here is the pic View attachment 276304

Nice screenshot!

Those gloves weren't just recommended... they are confirmed. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Put it in a mounted vice and hit it with a hammer or mallet. Thats what i did. worked great!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 276048
You have failed this city!

That looks good!! Is that a homemade riser and limbs? They don't quite look like the Ragim, but excellent nonetheless. Any better pics of the cap nuts?

Thanks! Yes the riser is homemade. I printed out a high def pic of the actual bow I found here on the RPF. Then used red oak to make the riser. The limbs are made from skis. The cap nuts are actually just brass acorn nuts you can get from Home Depot, lowes, and probably most other hardware stores. Then used a brass washer under them. I just cut off the head of a bolt and replaced it with the acorn nut using threadlocker. I'll post a pic when I can get to a computer. I wish I knew what riser they used in the show before I made this one cause I would have bought that one. I don't have a lot of money so I make these things on the cheap. Glad you like it!

I think those are Bohning fletching jigs- the commercial type used for fletching multiple arrows at once. (Years ago I was an archery supply dealer) the folding broadheads look like two bladed spitfires- I think thunderhead makes them. They are available as 2, 3, or 4 bladedImageUploadedByTapatalk1390331588.194377.jpg

The cap nuts are actually just brass acorn nuts you can get from Home Depot, lowes, and probably most other hardware stores.

The reason I asked about the cap nuts is that I haven't found anything locally in brass that A) was M8-1.25 (which isn't necessarily a problem) or B) had the right profile. The nuts on the screen used bow seem to be slightly taller than everything I've been able to find.

The reason I asked about the cap nuts is that I haven't found anything locally in brass that A) was M8-1.25 (which isn't necessarily a problem) or B) had the right profile. The nuts on the screen used bow seem to be slightly taller than everything I've been able to find.

Oh. I guess it depends on whether you can find them on what size bolt your riser takes. The bow in the pic has a 1/4-20 bolt size, which they have the acorn nuts in. I don't think they sell metric brass acorn nuts, just standard. The bolts in this pic are 5/16-18 size which they have acorn nuts in. These are for a new CW Arrow bow I'm making.

image.jpeg

Nicely done! I stand politely corrected :)
I really should have looked at the whole thread first :-/
I see other small game and grass-stopper type stuff in the case; I'll have a go at identification

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back