Atreides Pistol from Dune?

GPITTARAS

Has anyone ever tried to replicate or thinking of replicating the brass or brass-plated metal pistol carried by house Atreides on Caladan and later on on Arrakis in the original Dune movie? The photo is of a low quality but I am sure you know what it is I am talking about. Go to www.http://www.duneinfo.com/arrakis/costumes/
scroll down, last photo:"Sold for $2,750 on eBay, July 2004 by PIH"
This is probably a hero version with a retractable barrel! I am a big fan of the movie props. I would definitely jump on this one if it became available and I am sure many other members would.:love

Last edited:
Bro, you're the man!

I killed the interest thread deciding my plate was a little full right now.

But, I may revisit the idea down the road if Marc doesn't beat me to it.
I'm thinking machined aluminum w/gold anodized finish. It would look amazing!

The originals were kinda primitive with brass panels over a wooden buck. These would retain the original look, but stay fresh looking; as in just issued.

We'll see...

There was an interest thread by the man, and I mean THE MAN in the jy yesterday

Whoever offers these, consider me VERY interested. What I'd love to see on it:

Spring-loaded retractable polished aluminum or SS barrel and working trigger. Ejection port can remain static, like the original prop.

Who here is a leathersmith? The holsters should be a snap! :)

FYI: What most people think is the 'ejection port' is really the trigger.

Whoever offers these, consider me VERY interested. What I'd love to see on it:

Spring-loaded retractable polished aluminum or SS barrel and working trigger. Ejection port can remain static, like the original prop.

Who here is a leathersmith? The holsters should be a snap! :)

Wow - did not know that, thanks! I don't recall anyone pulling or pushing on the ejector port during the film, do you? If not, how did you learn about it (that is, if you're permitted to divulge the info).

here's some progress pics on my Harkonnen Sardaukar pistol. First pic is an original i found on the internet, i used the length that was written in the description.

Last things i need to do is round of the sharp borders, make the grip 'L' shaped sections and attach the small rivets. I have never seen the other side of the gun and in the movie it remains holstered. It looks like there is an ejection port on it, so i decided to incorporate that on my master as well.

Big heavy gun, no moving parts.

2-11.jpg

sardaukar1.jpg

sardaukar2.jpg

sardaukar3.jpg

Last edited:
Now, THAT is looking great!

here's some progress pics on my Harkonnen Sardaukar pistol. First pic is an original i found on the internet, i used the length that was written in the description.

Last things i need to do is round of the sharp borders, make the grip 'L' shaped sections and attach the small rivets. I have never seen the other side of the gun and in the movie it remains holstered. It looks like there is an ejection port on it, so i decided to incorporate that on my master as well.

Big heavy gun, no moving parts.

2-11.jpg

sardaukar1.jpg

sardaukar2.jpg

sardaukar3.jpg

This really looks fantastic. Is this the Sardaukar or the Beast Rabban pistol? Consider me in for everything that is going to be produced!:thumbsup

Rylo if you make a hero version of the Atreides pistol it will be a dream come true for me.:love

Ok please don't make fun of the fact that my member name appears in capital letters...Honestly I don't know how it happened!:lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back