Joker Glock discussion

Im not sure what exactly the pin on the 18 does. It seems more like a retainer for the selector switch than anything else.

Still, why would they change guns for that one snippet of film? He's clearly using a 17 in just about every scene as the gun is never shown to have a visible selector switch. I just don't see why they would swap out the prop for that bit and leave it in the rest.

No selector, 33 round magazine.
jg1760162a.jpg

by the way, 18 was designed so you can´t switch components from the main body with 17. If the round thing we see in the scan, is really a pin, then it has to be a 18.

The selctor can be removed. It is not a converted 17, the converter looks like a battery that sticks onto the back.

I am going to say that it is an 18, that nub on the back basicaly proves it. Some shots coudl easly been done with a 17 (when not going full auto) doing so I am sure would have been cheaper.

For the sizes, the 19 is smaller than the 17. the 17 & 22 are full size, the 19 & 23 are compacts and the 26 & 27 are subcompacts. The 20 & 21 arealso full size but are bigger than the 17/22 since they are chamberd for 10mm & .45 APC respectivly, noticably bigger.

My guess, they used a slide from a 17 and made it work on the frame and trigger system of an 18. I can't image that would be a big deal for a hollywood gunsmith. These guys do crazy stuff to guns for a living.

Also keep in mind they mill and cast their own parts for guns all the time, including new slides, etc.

The selctor can be removed. It is not a converted 17, the converter looks like a battery that sticks onto the back.

I am going to say that it is an 18, that nub on the back basicaly proves it. Some shots coudl easly been done with a 17 (when not going full auto) doing so I am sure would have been cheaper.

See that's the thing. I could see it being an 18 for one the full auto shots. That would make perfect sense. But to use it in one shot where it's not firing and then use a 17 in all the rest?

Well, something could have happened to the 18 during the shoot and they could have pulled a switcheroo. I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting the gun itsself to be cross-examined and that most people wouldn't even know what is it, just that it fires lots of rounds lol.

The selector can be removed, but you should see a hole in its place.
May be they had the 18 just for the shooting scenes, and after that they switched for the 17, as most people wouldn´t notice the diference, even if it was switched for a shorter model as the 19 or a longer as a 17L as they look quite similar from distance.

Here is a DVD resolution screen cap from the bank robbery preview (I am working on a getting hi-res cap).

Notice the "ring" on the back of the Glock.

4700-tdkpistol1.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a DVD resolution screen cap from the bank robbery preview (I am working on a getting hi-res cap).

Notice the "ring" on the back of the Glock.

4700-tdkpistol1.jpg

I wonder what the heck that is... :confused

I also wonder if there is a clear shot of the left side of the slide in the scene where he shoots the bus driver. If we can nail that the firing model either does or doesn't have a selector, we might be one step closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the heck that is... :confused

I also wonder if there is a clear shot of the left side of the slide in the scene where he shoots the bus driver. If we can nail that the firing model either does or doesn't have a selector, we might be one step closer.
I was going to put that in my previous post but forgot it.

The pistol that he uses to shoot the bus driver definitely does not have a selector, you can clearly see both sides of the side as he makes the motion back, fires the shots and then moves forward.

Good enough for me. :lol
Sorry if my post came off as a bit strong... it's just that I stepped through that scene about 50 times to make sure that there was no pistol change and after all that I forget to post the results. :wacko:lol

So perhaps this pin/ring is some kind of mod they did so that the gun could fire blanks in full auto?
Could be; I have owned and have seen many Glocks and I don't remember seeing that on any of them.

Don't worry it was fine. :)

I suppose that we could say for sure that the firing model is some sort of Glock 17.

I'd love to know what the bloody little ring/pin is but that could remain a mystery.

Is that from the Blu-ray bank robbery preview? If it is, what scene is it from (I would like to take a look at it)?

As I said early in the post, iti is when the Joker puts his grenades bag on a desk and opens it and at the left of the bag you can clearly see the rear of the gun.

"wire" again...

NDVD_064a-1.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back