ZK's ZF-1 research thread

Re: ZK's ZF-1 reasearch/build thread

Oh nice discovery.

Can you make the images alittle clearer as to which parts are where...its a little hard to see.

Can you outline them in red or something?

Sorry guys i don't have anything clearer. I'm using a 2.1mp camera held about 4-6" away from a 60" plasma.

Last edited:

Wow good eyes! lol

I think i can just make out the stepped section in front of the lines youve drawn aswell.

Nice one. It does look like the front 3 lines aswell.

Just waiting for my maquis to arrive aswell.

really fricking impressive discoveries lately dude. Amazing stuff. I am stunned at how much great stuff has come from this thread.

And seriously, where did you get your bionic eyes from, cuz NOBODY with human eyes would have noticed those maquis pieces on the scope cup. that is NUTS.

Great stuff!

Seems to all fit. Great eye.

Do you think the rest of the sight space is just filled with filler or other model parts?

In the fourth pic, which mentions the 'front part' can you draw on the screen grab where you think it is? I can't see what youre looking at.

Lewis

Well it looks like i have bionic WOMEN eyes because i had this backwards.

Last edited:

Great! Looks like they used mostly marquis pieces.

I've added a bit to your drawing to show the squares, and where they seem to have cut it.

Appears they have just cut through the curved bit, leaving it open, so you can see the inner plastic edge, and just a big hole.

Is the big stepped part in the middle, molded on or have you sat it there? On the screen grab it doesnt appear to show this part, like its been removed.

However, looking again at the mangalore gun, it seems that that part is there, and on the screen grab looks like its lined up with the centre of the gun perfectly.

The stepped part is a molded part of the ship hull. It is there it's just hard to see. Yes funny that you can see the open end where they cut it. It's a big chunk of ship in there.

Amazing. Still stunned at how much progress has been made in this thread. HUGE thanks to everyone who contributed. Whoever discovered the maquis ship gets my nomination for some RPF award about contribution to the hobby for 2010.

Anyone put all those pieces together yet?
Hey, I get enough crap thrown at me in the Mangalore Grenade Thread...gotta spread it around a little!
Looking good here, MORE please!

Ive not done anymore with this, all the parts are packed away waiting.

Interested to know how Zombie Killer is getting on, any progress?

did the prop makers from TFE raid the Paramount Star Trek art department or what?

Nice finds by all. I'm realy looking forward to seeing this one completed.

I'm in the same boat. All my stuff is packed away. I am not going to start buildng untill i have more pieces. Unfortunatly i don't have much time to devote to prop research at this time. I need to get going on this and IDing the Cantwell models. I'm hoping winter will bring some free time.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back