Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

Good news. I ordered this, then tried to cancel my order after realizing it was the wrong size. They ignored my request to cancel the order and it arrived today and is in fact the correct size! the photo they were using is correct, the size listed was wrong. Thanks again Ed.

Awesome. Ordering!

Or not... out of stock.

I hope when they're IN Stock and I order, that I don't end up with a 4.5 inch version.

Last edited:

hey gang, ive been looking for pracos on ebay. what words do you use to find them? i search " praco" "praco flash" and it seems i only get 1 item?

hey gang, ive been looking for pracos on ebay. what words do you use to find them? i search " praco" "praco flash" and it seems i only get 1 item?

Cuz they never show up! ha.

I've been searching years... I've seen one close... It went pretty high.

ahh thanks buddy, i was wondering if i was spelling it wrong like bosley lol

- - - Updated - - -

ahh thanks buddy, i was wondering if i was spelling it wrong like bosley lol

I got the mold for the grips done and have pulled a few sets of grips.

You can see the amber color of the resin without tint added. One of the trimmed sets is done with a dusting of baby power and the other did not. I like the baby powder look better. It dulls the shine of the raw resin a bit. You can see some scrap parts that I did paint tests on. Paint seems to stick well. You will also notice two pieces of scrap glued together with superglue. I don't know why you would want to do it, but you can. :)

DSC05461_zpsu90ic9td.jpg

The grips are very flexible. It will go back to its original shape.

DSC05458_zpsbtgtlq54.jpg

Here is one on my Praco.

DSC05460_zpsmvqiqtkn.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mean to use this thread as an order status update but some of you should be receiving your parts soon. I wanted to share my advice on finishing them.

In my pictures you see me bending one of the grips in half. They can be bent and will go back to shape, but don't go too crazy bending them. They will crack and break if you try to bend them too sharply or if you keep bending them repeatedly.

I left the main cut of the grips to you. I have found that a brand new exacto blade will cut right through them. Line up the blade to cut the whole grip...be sure of the alignment...and press down firmly. Then use the sharp blade to carefully remove any flash.

To remove the pour sprue on the oil pan I use a razor saw and trim it flush to the bottom of the pan. The I use my Dremel to grind down the stump that is left. Use an exacto to carefully trim any flash and vent sprues.

More for the oil pan(but you can with the grips too if need be) wrap some sandpaper around your Pracp/Bolsey tube and gently sand until you get a nice flush fit. It should not take much. The grips fit pretty good but keep in mind that Steve actually made them to contour a Heiland. You will need to decide how much you want to fit them to the smaller diameter. On mine I only plan to do enough to remove any flashing and make them look nice.

I stick them on with double sided tape.

Does anyone here have an extra Lambo wheel to part with for a couple days? I have access to a 3D scanner and could put the files up on Makerbot Thingiverse for people to print off their own parts. Or if there's enough interest in people we could have them sent out to be printed at a higher quality... I don't see an issue with creating a "replacement" part for the Fujimi 1/16 Lamborghini Countach LP500S front tire rim...

I have a real Lambo wheel I bought from someone on here. I was going to sell it along with my flash as I've lost interest in this saber, but if you want to borrow it to scan, let me know.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back