YODA show off thread

I so want a prequel yoda :O and yes, even if I'm the only one I actually like the prequel films :) I love all star wars :D
/D

I so want a prequel yoda :O and yes, even if I'm the only one I actually like the prequel films :) I love all star wars :D
/D

I pray not that hideous Phantom Menace monstrosity! That thing looked nothing like Yoda and I am ashamed that Lucas even cleared that for screen use! Looked more like Yoda's meth-head cousin! At least they corrected that for the rest of the prequels.. I mean, its only about 35 years before he train's Luke and he's already over 800 years old so why would he look much different in Phantom Menace? :lol

I pray not that hideous Phantom Menace monstrosity! That thing looked nothing like Yoda and I am ashamed that Lucas even cleared that for screen use! Looked more like Yoda's meth-head cousin! At least they corrected that for the rest of the prequels.. I mean, its only about 35 years before he train's Luke and he's already over 800 years old so why would he look much different in Phantom Menace? :lol

same over here.
My guess: he was made as a trick to put CGI into a better light.:lol:cry

Here is mine. I bought it some time ago from Cyberman, did paint it, but was not happy with it. :lol

Tonight, i took it again and started painting.... i have to finish it, weather it and add some hair... :rolleyes

It is Yoda time again.... :lol

yoda1e.jpg

img9988o.jpg

Alfredo

Looking good Alfredo bud - Drybrush a darker green to the raised areas when you weather it, it will look much better.

:thumbsup

What paint did you use? Is this a total paint-over or just some highlights?

Here is mine. I bought it some time ago from Cyberman, did paint it, but was not happy with it. :lol

Tonight, i took it again and started painting.... i have to finish it, weather it and add some hair... :rolleyes

It is Yoda time again.... :lol

yoda1e.jpg

img9988o.jpg

Alfredo

Hello all,:)

This is a total paint over. It is very different from the color that Yoda was made. I use Tamiya XF-21.

I am also using Brown Pastel for the inside of the ears, and black pastel to darken some areas (to dirt) . I also used the brown pastel around the eyes, mouth.....etc.

I used a brush in order to apply the pastel, touching the pastel, and use it against a sheet of paper to get rid of some (too much sometimes)

Hope this helps

Alfredo

Hello again..!!

Yoda is using some products on his head...and his hair is growing !!!!! :lol :lol (he even has a moustache :love )

img0067fp.jpg

img0068zl.jpg

img0069vn.jpg

img0066qv.jpg

img0074y.jpg

I have to work more on it, ... add some more hair, and weather it...,

but i think that it is looking better now...

don't you think? :confused

Alfredo

Well I am still working on this but I figured I could add it here for now.

I took some liberties leaning towards the character and away from the screen accurate or puppet look but I am pretty happy with him so far.

Last edited:
Excellent work! Must have taken you ages. After looking at all these great works I am now inspired to make my own 1:1 Yoda (esb).

I wonder if you have an image of Yoda taken from the top down. I'm trying to get my head around (excuse the pun) the shape of Yoda's head - it's very complex. I can't quite visualize what his head looks like directly from above. And size relative to a human head.

I don't think anyone can really appreciate how tricky it is to accurately match the likeness of a movie character especially one as complex as Yoda's - until you have tried to do it yourself. Anyway if you or anyone here knows where I can find a top down pic I would really appreciate the help.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back