YODA show off thread

Gino,

The level of love and appreciation you have poured into that replica Yoda presentation makes me want to cry... You've caught lightning in a bottle, and the soul of ESB Yoda is alive once again within that statue. The emotional range between pictures #4 and #5 in that row is nothing short of breath-taking, and you have nailed that slightly cross-eyed stare of the original film puppet. Thanks very much for sharing.

It's so interesting seeing everyone's own take on Yoda. All the attempts displayed in this thread are incredible and inspiring in their own ways!!

Cheers,

Ryan

Wow that's very kind of you to say Ryan!
I'm really glad you like him.

Gino and I have already worked out a deal for me to aquire his Yoda, Emperor, and all three Vaders. Details to be worked out as soon as I win the lottery.

Gino and I have already worked out a deal for me to aquire his Yoda, Emperor, and all three Vaders. Details to be worked out as soon as I win the lottery.

or learn the security code to his house.. :rolleyes good luck with either.

Here's mine - Natty15d built him up a while ago - but then I dropped him and smashed his head in so I guess I can take some credit for the paint job hahahaha.

IMG_0243.jpg

After Gino, Thomas you're next on my Lotto list. We are gonna talk about your RC Airwolf along with a great many things. :lol

Tom

Here are pics of my Yoda that's just about done. All base parts are Cyberman (head, hands, feet, cane, body shell) the rest of it was scratch built by me.

Anyways here are some pics-

396778638.jpg

396778601.jpg

Mark

Last edited:
Your Yoda turned out really nice & the outside pics look great.:thumbsup

I am also working on a ESB Yoda lifesize display & I hope that mine turns out as good as yours did.

Congrats!

Here are pics of my Yoda that's just about done. All base parts are Cyberman (head, hands, feet, cane, body shell) the rest of it was scratch built by me.

Anyways here are some pics-

396778638.jpg

Mark

I've been working on a Cyberman Yoda as well. He's not 100% finished yet, but last weekend I got the chance to have some studio pics taken, so here it is:

229462_1377436651639_1703576618_683256_1625373_n.jpg

226511_1377436931646_1703576618_683257_7133411_n.jpg

228165_1377437211653_1703576618_683258_147747_n.jpg

248967_1377438851694_1703576618_683263_57521_n.jpg

Very nice Yoda's fellas :love

Why oh why then has no-one here given him any whiskers on his upper lip just like the original, though?

yoda5.jpg

The whiskers are quite visible in TESB, eventhough I just noticed them recently, too :$

-Chaim

I love this thread!

I would assume some whiskers are missing because they are HARD to notice in the films AND they are a pain to add!

Just for the record, the above pic isn't an original screen used Yoda, it's the exhibition version.

Yeah that's what I figured too, nevertheless Yoda does have whiskers in the movie, which until now I had never noticed before and I've seen TESB many times, over and over again. It's was my first and still favourite Star Wars movie :love

-Chaim

PS Sorry for the confusion fellas :D

Wait, so the Yoda in Seattle isn't the screenused Yoda? I need to get my computer back so I can post some exhibition pics I took. I would love to know what wasn't actually screenused (for example the Vader costume that was listed as ANH clearly has some ESB pieces). Is there a thread about this?

The screen used Yoda was made out of Foam latex and as most of us know, Foam latex rots in a few years so the screen puppet/s have reduced to nothing but blobs of dried out crumbling matter... the exhibition Yoda being refered to is a specially made exhibition display using the original molds.... definately not screen used ;)

So in other words . . . some of the Yoda's shown here . . . are the
only screen accurate looking Yoda's in the whole wide world ! ! !

COOL :D

-Chaim

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back