X-Wing Cockpits

Kind of an issue of whether you're building a model of a model or a model a (theoretical) ship. Seems like the Deagostini MF breaks some of the rules of SS, but is still considered SS by many.

I think it's just that people want to make a model of what represents best the actual ship, which to them is what they saw in the movie - a real cockpit.

When I got into studio scale models here the first thing I wanted to do was make a realistic cockpit. But the EFX x-wing did that and I noticed that mine seemed a little like a toy if it wasn't a screen accurate prop. It was a great representation of the full size cockpit. The best you could find.

And so many realistic cockpits aren't very accurately modeled anyway. It always seems even more wrong when someone doesn't copy the actual full size prop accurately.

So, over the years I've gotten to want to make actual studio scale cockpits. As you say, it's easier too.

For some reason I still prefer an idealized cockpit for a Falcon. I don't like the crudeness of the kit part version of the 32 incher.

For some reason I still prefer an idealized cockpit for a Falcon. I don't like the crudeness of the kit part version of the 32 incher.

And - well - didn't the 32" Falcon sort of bridge the gap? It had a lit back wall, seats and a console right? But still not as detailed as the set.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back